NCAA Tournament - Opening Weekend GDT

dlarry

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, SLUperman said:

Not any major upsets yet (I feel like it was a 50/50 split on Murray St/Marq)... Maybe that March magic caught a late flight with a Friday night arrival 😎

If it is that way Friday and we win, us and Murray State will both be crowd faves. I've enjoyed the day fair amount of close games.

Billikens Revenge Tour:

Game One: Beat Richmond ✅

Game Two: Beat Dayton ✅

Game Three: Beat Davidson ✅

Gams Four: Beat Bonnie’s ✅

—————

Game Five: Beat VCU in Sweet 16

Game Six: Beat Florida State in Final 4

Game Seven: Beat Houston in Championship

6 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I’ve gotta feeling tomorrow will be a crazy day for upsets. Arizona St, Oregon, Liberty, UC Irvine, and SLU will all win

I hope so. Day one was possibly the most boring March Madness 1st round day In recent memory. No upsets really, no buzzer beaters...etc. Belmont and NM State should have provided highlights but both had mental breakdowns.  Of course SLU winning is the most important.

Murray St taking down our ugly cousin from Milwaukee was sweet. They destroyed them. Hard to believe Morant went unnoticed by the bigs in HS. Although, a USC friend of mine said his academics were so bad that he couldn't get into either USC or Clemson. I coughed a little on that one. Still, SC public school academics are pretty bad, so who knows if that's true.

TaLBErt likes this

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Murray St taking down our ugly cousin from Milwaukee was sweet. They destroyed them. Hard to believe Morant went unnoticed by the bigs in HS. Although, a USC friend of mine said his academics were so bad that he couldn't get into either USC or Clemson. I coughed a little on that one. Still, SC public school academics are pretty bad, so who knows if that's true.

That sounds like something Mizzou fans would say about a player they missed on. 

11 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

That sounds like something Mizzou fans would say about a player they missed on. 

It's not the first time I've heard that from USC fans. Mostly it's about FB players that somehow ended up at Clemson, which has better academics. I classify USC as a wannabe school, but they don't know what they wannabe. Although, they did have a final 4 run two years ago, so they got that going for them. And their women's team is usually really good. But it's football that breaks their hearts, which given their past history of being so so doesn't make sense. They do sound like a lot like Mizzery, don't they?

Edited by slu72
misspelling

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Morant was 6'0 155 going into his senior year of high school.  There are very few elite talents going unnoticed these days by high majors.  Almost all of the recent misses have been due to growth spurts, from Steph Curry to Gordon Hayward to Ja Morant.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Morant was 6'0 155 going into his senior year of high school.  There are very few elite talents going unnoticed these days by high majors.  Almost all of the recent misses have been due to growth spurts, from Steph Curry to Gordon Hayward to Ja Morant.

I get that, but the skill set had to be pretty impressive for a HS kid. Also, he played on the same AAU team as Williamson, so he definitely got serious exposure. Not arguing w/ you about recruiting 3 Star for you know way more than I do, just amazed how this kid has suddenly exploded. One would think a coach would have looked at him and said we can bulk him up. Granted, they have no fix for being 6'0" but there are a lot of good players at 6' or below.  

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

I get that, but the skill set had to be pretty impressive for a HS kid. Also, he played on the same AAU team as Williamson, so he definitely got serious exposure. Not arguing w/ you about recruiting 3 Star for you know way more than I do, just amazed how this kid has suddenly exploded. One would think a coach would have looked at him and said we can bulk him up. Granted, they have no fix for being 6'0" but there are a lot of good players at 6' or below.  

What makes Morant special is his effectiveness at finishing at the basket.  Morant couldn't do the things at 6'0 that he does at 6'3.  Once he became an unstoppable driver, that took his passing to another level.  He's literally not the same player he was as a rising senior.

51 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Good point. I dream of a Yuri Growth spurt. 

Watching Iowa v UC. Man, wish Cook was a GT. One thing he plays right where French does. He starts to back in the a step back and a little soft touch 7-8 ft one hand jumper. French should work on that move. It would certainly change the book on how to play him.