NCAA Tournament - Opening Weekend GDT

dlarry

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the tip in overtime immediately went out of bounds, I knew the game was over. If the Hawks had gone zone earlier in the first half, they may have been able to sustain more momentum through the entirety of the game. Defense has been a struggle for every Fran McCaffery Iowa team.

1 hour ago, mechee89 said:

As soon as the tip in overtime immediately went out of bounds, I knew the game was over. If the Hawks had gone zone earlier in the first half, they may have been able to sustain more momentum through the entirety of the game. Defense has been a struggle for every Fran McCaffery Iowa team.

Cook would fit I well as a grad transfer. Missing 3 free throws near the end of the game fits us well. 

SluSignGuy likes this

9 minutes ago, willie said:

Cook would fit I well as a grad transfer. Missing 3 free throws near the end of the game fits us well. 

You're right about that. Lots of speculation that he won't be back year for his senior season. He wants to play pro ball and I don't think he cares where. It won't be the NBA though.

3 hours ago, Schasz said:

Why the Vols decided to take their foot off the gas pedal in 2nd half was a mystery. They proved in the 1st half that they were much quicker, and for whatever reason shut the running game down.

Rick Barnes teams have choked a few times in the tournament.

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

I'd be willing to bet there are still Texas fans who wished he was still their HC. 

There should be. He might have had some teams that underperformed in the tournament, but at least he built teams that deserved high expectations and he still managed a Final Four with two other Elite Eight teams.

18 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Come on UCF

Well, As they say Ball Don't Lie.  That shot clock situation should have been a waived off basket. It didn't touch  rim. Then the heartbreaking roll off the rim at the end. Zion missed a free throw and they can't get it. Duke lucky..but probably will steamroll to title now sadly. They should've lost..but then they shouldn't of due to that shot clock deal. UCF didn't play smart in the final minutes. 

I so wanted Duke to go down though. I just knew something would happen there.  Tacko not being in at the end was huge. Would have gotten either the FT rebound or dunked the putback

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

There should be. He might have had some teams that underperformed in the tournament, but at least he built teams that deserved high expectations and he still managed a Final Four with two other Elite Eight teams.

Count me in as another one happy to see Barnes doing well. Texas didn't appreciate what they had.

6 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Count me in as another one happy to see Barnes doing well. Texas didn't appreciate what they had.

He will have his first 5 Star and Mickey D All American playing at UT next season.

Final post for me. This is officially the worst NCAA tournament in my memory. Can't ever remember this much chalk and one fake cinderalla in Oregon. Wow. Well, Ill be skipping the games  next weekend for the first time ever.  Hopefully next year the Bills and other teams that are interesting are in the sweet 16. Don't need to watch the same old teams battle it out. Not sure of the Rick Barnes love from some of you

Didn't what to start a new thread and decided to put this here because some of the teams supposedly involved have advanced to the Sweet 16. Micheal Avenatti was arrested today for trying to extort $20 million from Nike.  He threatened to expose a scheme similar to the one that Adidas had.  The schools supposedly involved included Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky and Syracuse.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Didn't what to start a new thread and decided to put this here because some of the teams supposedly involved have advanced to the Sweet 16. Micheal Avenatti was arrested today for trying to extort $20 million from Nike.  He threatened to expose a scheme similar to the one that Adidas had.  The schools supposedly involved included Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky and Syracuse.

If it is true about the schools involved then it makes me sick to see the NCAA not punish their big money makers while our only D1 state football program is punished making it look like the NCAA is on top of the corruption.

25 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Avenatti is an idiot.  That said, Captain Obvious here suspects those schools probably aren’t 100% on the up and up.

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

-does this mean he won't be having his 11am news conference tomorrow?

-I do find these parts of Nike's statement interesting.....Nike has been cooperating with the government’s investigation into NCAA basketball for over a year -- Nike firmly believes in ethical and fair play, both in business and sports, and will continue to assist the prosecutors