NCAA Tournament - Opening Weekend GDT

dlarry

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or are the officials swallowing the whistle on charge calls so far this tourney? I've seen a TON of no-calls on drives to the bucket where there is a bunch of contact. 

50 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

This is why I go nuts every time I here someone talk about the ceiling for an 18 =/- yr old kid. 

3 Stars are fine and some teams are very successful with 3 Stars like this seasons UT Vols. There are also many examples where a kid is a good HS kid and doesn't improve in college. Ja Morant obviously advanced his skill set in college.

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

3 Stars are fine and some teams are very successful with 3 Stars like this seasons UT Vols. There are also many examples where a kid is a good HS kid and doesn't improve in college. Ja Morant obviously advanced his skill set in college.

I didn't say 3 stars weren't good. What I said is putting a ceiling on a kid is silly as there are just too many instances of kids far exceeding it. This is one example. I get the ranking doesn't define his ceiling but more where he was at that point in his career. 

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

He's projected top 3 and in a non Zion year would be in contention for first overall. He's that good. 

He looked pretty good when we played the Racers last season, but he didn’t look anything like the player he has developed into,

• SluSignGuy changed the title to NCAA Tournament - Opening Weekend GDT
6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

As skinny as Morant is, he was actually an inch shorter and 15 lbs lighter last season.  Playing at 6'3 175 vs 6'2 160 makes a big difference when you're talking about an elite run and jump athlete.

what diet caused him to lose an inch in height?