Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Pistol

A10 Preview 2019-2020

On 5/7/2019 at 7:07 PM, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Jacobs has put on a lot of muscle recently. I Expect him to play more 

I want Jacobs to succeed but how does getting ripped have any effect on reducing a chronic tendency of turnovers?

4 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

I want Jacobs to succeed but how does getting ripped have any effect on reducing a chronic tendency of turnovers?

Getting ripped has no direct effect upon turnovers, however it shows that Jacobs is clearly committed and is putting in a lot of time at the gym. By itself this means he is more muscular, period. If you assume that his commitment to the team and to his own advancement goes beyond the fact that he is spending time at the gym, then you can also assume that he is trying hard to improve his game as well. The ripping may well be a visible manifestation of possible game improvement work.  I wish him all the best.

I really hope im wrong, im just still not sure where all this Jacobs hype comes from.

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

I really hope im wrong, im just still not sure where all this Jacobs hype comes from.

The between the legs dunk attempt during billiken madness. For me anyway

15 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

The between the legs dunk attempt during billiken madness. For me anyway

Jacobs is definitely more talented than he's shown. He was a beast against Webster Groves two years ago:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/boys-basketball/ramey-shines-as-webster-groves-makes-debut-in-father-s/article_a56ce536-c4d9-11e6-9820-df9dcc8b3d89.amp.html

The Titans were paced by Southern Illinois signee Demarius Jacobs. He had 32 points, nine rebounds and five highlight-reel blocks that displayed the freakish athleticism that made him such a sought-after recruit.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Jacobs is definitely more talented than he's shown. He was a beast against Webster Groves two years ago:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/boys-basketball/ramey-shines-as-webster-groves-makes-debut-in-father-s/article_a56ce536-c4d9-11e6-9820-df9dcc8b3d89.amp.html

The Titans were paced by Southern Illinois signee Demarius Jacobs. He had 32 points, nine rebounds and five highlight-reel blocks that displayed the freakish athleticism that made him such a sought-after recruit.

Jacobs' 88 minutes last season don't even qualify as a small sample size.  For me, he is totally TBD.  Wipe last season off the slate, and he is starting with a clean plate.  There will be a very interesting competition for playing time at the guard/wing slots this upcoming season.  Jacobs has a great chance to win minutes, but he also could end up last man on the bench. 

More than once Ford referred to Jacobs as his backup point guard.  There certainly will be minutes to play at the point.  Despite what GloryDays has said in the past, no player is guaranteed a starting spot or playing time.  If Jacobs can outperform Collins and others, give him the ball. 

Jacobs has a high ceiling.

I guarantee  if he was 100 % healthy early on, and we had Isabels role figured out earlier, Jacobs would have gotten more minutes early on to build up his comfort on the court at the higher level, and would have seen drastic minutes increased later on.

I don’t think Ford put him in since he was a turnover machine, but it seemed it was due to nerves, same as Thor’s Hail Mary, trying to do too much to prove you aren’t a bench player. 

5 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I was at that game.  Demarius was the best player on the court that day.

10 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I was at that game.  Demarius was the best player on the court that day.

As was I, the only reason I would agree is because he had to do more then Courtney, but you could make an argument that Ramey was the best player too