A10 Preview 2019-2020

Pistol

On 5/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, HoosierPal said:

I was a huge DJ fan.  I defended him many times on this board when others trashed him. However, his numbers were, hmmm, ok, at 6.1 ppg an 4.3 rpg.  In conference, about the same 5.9/4.2.  That's 3 baskets and 4 rebounds we hope to get from the combo of Bell and Diarra. DJ was a decent on ball defender.  But his 18 blocks weren't all that many for a power player with his minutes. One DJ block every two games; I hope the duo can top that. 

Numbers wise, I think that the combo of Bell and Diarra can match what DJ gave us.  Likely one will rise above the other, but I anticipate both will see significant minute. I agree that the 'level of play' might not be the same as with DJ, but the numbers might be just as good.  I do have questions whether they can guard Langevine, Golden and Osunniyi but guarding those guys isn't easy for anyone.

DJ was sometimes a very frustrating player to watch. Especially on those headdown drives to the hoop into the forest where he's either bounce it off his knee OB, or put up some funky shot. I hope our two FR bigs play w/a little more control. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

DJ was sometimes a very frustrating player to watch. Especially on those headdown drives to the hoop into the forest where he's either bounce it off his knee OB, or put up some funky shot. I hope our two FR bigs play w/a little more control. 

Agreed - probably the most frustrating Billiken to watch in years. Only because he would have games where he nearly would have a double double, and looked unstoppable. Then next game he would have more turnovers than points.

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

The kid's offers really don't match his ranking.  And his ranking history is pretty weird. A year ago he was top 100, then he dropped out of the top 300 and only to shoot up 270 spots over the last two months.

It's simple: He originally went by Bones (top 100), asked to be called by his real name (dropped out of top 300), then went back to Bones (shot up 270 spots).

brianstl and RiseAndGrind like this

• 4 weeks later...