Nice Article on Isabell

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/perseverance-pays-off-for-isabell-after-rough-transition-to-slu/article_a8597bcf-5e4d-5806-9f45-7f836b175728.html

Stu mentions that he had two sprained ankles earlier this year.  That went unnoticed on this board.  Where was GloryDays when we needed his inside scoop?

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/perseverance-pays-off-for-isabell-after-rough-transition-to-slu/article_a8597bcf-5e4d-5806-9f45-7f836b175728.html

Stu mentions that he had two sprained ankles earlier this year.  That went unnoticed on this board.  Where was GloryDays when we needed his inside scoop?

Where is Glory Days?

Thanks for sharing the article.  It’s a good reminder that these players aren’t robots and have every day distractions and injuries that people don’t know about.  I know for the first part of the season I wondered a lot what was up with Isabell as he didn’t seem to be playing as well as anticipated.  I’m glad he was able to turn it around, we wouldn’t be in the NCAA if he hadn’t.  Great intuition picking SLU over X, too.

i spent a few minutes talking to tremaine after the championship Sunday, and i was pleasantly surprised by how well spoken and thoughtful and nice Tremaine was.   Not that i expected an ogre, but he was extremely nice.    he definitely got a bad undeserved rap for the season which i likely contributed to as much as anyone on this board.   but i have now nothing but respect for the young man and hope he continues his strong finish.   we were very fortunate to have had him as a billiken for one year.   it would have been nice to have had him longer.  

rgbilliken likes this

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i spent a few minutes talking to tremaine after the championship Sunday, and i was pleasantly surprised by how well spoken and thoughtful and nice Tremaine was.   Not that i expected an ogre, but he was extremely nice.    he definitely got a bad undeserved rap for the season which i likely contributed to as much as anyone on this board.   but i have now nothing but respect for the young man and hope he continues his strong finish.   we were very fortunate to have had him as a billiken for one year.   it would have been nice to have had him longer.  

I have been very impressed with his interviews. He is a very articulate young man.  He will go far in his life, with or without basketball.