SLUnatics needs help!

4 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Posted in the Chaifetz appreciation thread but thought it might get more traction here. Like I said there, details in the petition link and anything is appreciated!

https://www.change.org/p/saint-louis-university-send-the-slunatics-to-the-ncaa-tournament

Going to Columbus as a student was the best decisions I’ve ever made. I hope you can get to San Jose. Good luck 

Still think we need a Bills.com go fund me to send a couple of the younger more loyal folks. I’m good for $100

SLU honestly shouldn't be giving this opportunity to random students, many of whom have probably not gone to a single game this year. Giving it to members of the SLUnatics would show other students that dedication to the program can be rewarded, and would motivate them to attend more games next year.

Hopefully they at least give SLUnatics members more entries than anyone else in the lottery. 

This honestly bothers me. I expected the department to do the right thing with this. We are going to want the most vocal student section possible. I thought forsure they would at least send the dedicated Slunatics as they are obviously the biggest and loudest supporters of slu hoops. And then do first come first serve or something for the rest. At least if you get there early for the tickets you really want to go. 

Us young alumni on the board would love a piece of that.  In reality, the people on this board are the biggest SLU fans there are. You pick 20 or 30 of us board members and I bet you would have quite the vocal bunch. 

Hope the school does the right thing here. We need loyal students there who will be loud and supportive. Not students who can’t name a single player on the team. Can you imagine how sad it would be to have 25 students who’ve never been to a college basketball game as our representation?  They’d probably be sitting down honestly. 

In the future this ought to be easy. For every game you get 2 raffle tickets. One goes in a box at the beginning of the game and one for the end of the game. Different color tickets for the beginning and end. Box gets picked up at tip off if you're late, you don't get to enter. Second box gets put down at the end. If you leave early you don't get to enter. At the end of the season you can have giveaways or trips to tourney or whatever you'd like. Those who attend the most and stay the entire game obviously have the best chance to win. 

If the AD just chooses people I can't imagine there won't be a problem. People will feel slighted

BigMouthBilliken likes this

11 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

In the future this ought to be easy. For every game you get 2 raffle tickets. One goes in a box at the beginning of the game and one for the end of the game. Different color tickets for the beginning and end. Box gets picked up at tip off if you're late, you don't get to enter. Second box gets put down at the end. If you leave early you don't get to enter. At the end of the season you can have giveaways or trips to tourney or whatever you'd like. Those who attend the most and stay the entire game obviously have the best chance to win. 

If the AD just chooses people I can't imagine there won't be a problem. People will feel slighted

The amazing thing is they have the Billiken points app for students. Literally just go on there pick the top 25. I think this was a miscommunication between the school and the AD who don’t communicate near as much as they should 

16 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Watched bit of live stream and sounded like an anonymous donor is sending 14 slunatics there? 

That’s good.

I still think to enter the Chaifetz drawing you should have to name the starting 5 to be eligible.

10 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Skip, I think you have a fantastic idea that should be used starting with the first game next year.  It bugs me to see the student section near empty at the end of most games, when there was a give-a-way to get the students in the door.  I get even madder on the nights when we honor the members of other teams during halftime only to see all (or 90%) of them  vanish as soon as the 2nd half begins.  Any rewards for student attendance has to include some way, as you suggested, to include a measurement for staying until the end.  While I'm at it, other fans leaving with 5 minutes remaining in a game, with the outcome still in doubt just drives me nuts!  Where do these people have to go at 8:45 instead of leaving at 9;00?  And I'm not just talking about casual fans.  I see many season ticket holders included in the rush to leave early.  Why???

TheBand likes this

29 minutes ago, bauman said:

Skip, I think you have a fantastic idea that should be used starting with the first game next year.  It bugs me to see the student section near empty at the end of most games, when there was a give-a-way to get the students in the door.  I get even madder on the nights when we honor the members of other teams during halftime only to see all (or 90%) of them  vanish as soon as the 2nd half begins.  Any rewards for student attendance has to include some way, as you suggested, to include a measurement for staying until the end.  While I'm at it, other fans leaving with 5 minutes remaining in a game, with the outcome still in doubt just drives me nuts!  Where do these people have to go at 8:45 instead of leaving at 9;00?  And I'm not just talking about casual fans.  I see many season ticket holders included in the rush to leave early.  Why???

Damn Bauman I was getting worried about you! Where’s my preseason prediction beer 😏

45 minutes ago, bauman said:

Leaving early on a Saturday especially a afternoon game is so puzzling, it’s Saturday what is the rush. I sit almost last row in the upper bowl and see it from the 10 minute mark people leaving early.

With success I hope there is less people leaving early.

Skips idea is great I would like to see it happen.

3 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Thanks to all who supported. If you haven't heard the news, someone donated so 14 devoted SLUnatics (myself included) get to go to San Jose, so you can be assured it'll be loud. Sorry for keeping you in the dark @billikenfan05 lol

Excellent!  I'm looking forward to the SLUnatics visit to San Jose.

We're going to take over the Shark Tank.  I've seen one debacle too many in that place (Oregon).  

Beat the Hokies!