Ranking 2019 NCAA tournament coaches as players, 1-68

I liked this little blurb.

Good to see coach Crews still getting some love.

29. Chris Mack, Louisville Cardinals -- Mack was a starter for his first two seasons at Evansville (1988-90), transferring in part due to an incident in which then-coach Jim Crews ordered him to fire the ball into the face of Dayton center Wes Coffee on an inbounds play. (Mack sent Coffee a letter of apology, and Crews later admitted he ordered the code red.)

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

I liked this little blurb.

Good to see coach Crews still getting some love.

29. Chris Mack, Louisville Cardinals -- Mack was a starter for his first two seasons at Evansville (1988-90), transferring in part due to an incident in which then-coach Jim Crews ordered him to fire the ball into the face of Dayton center Wes Coffee on an inbounds play. (Mack sent Coffee a letter of apology, and Crews later admitted he ordered the code red.)

I don't believe this.  It would mean Crews actually had an inbounds play drawn up  that wasn't launch it into the back court.

Look at this f*cking picture of Travis Ford at Kentucky from the article:

image.png.f97498793c872b0f5c7065eb614ce5ff.png

He looks like an JV HS player.  Imagine a guy who looks like that playing for Kentucky today.  I know he was a really good player, but dude probably couldn't get a look as a walk-on now.  Times have changed.

7 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

I don't believe this.  It would mean Crews actually had an inbounds play drawn up  that wasn't launch it into the back court.

actually crews did use the usual  inbounds backcourt play.  coffee just blocked the inbounds pass.