Martelli is out

wgstl

I have nothing to add over and above what HP put up.  Nelson is obvious and even though he has no coaching experience, his connections to the magical days at St. Joe's are both good and bad -- good because that was the high water mark and bad because he might be too loyal to Martelli still.  Plus folks returning to the alma mater is a rage right no w-- Hardaway, Ewing, McKie, Mullins, etc.  The new AD has Notre Dame ties so Inglesby and Ayers make sense.  Ingleby played his high school ball in the Philly area. 

The writer all believe the hire will be a home run because, well, it's Philly, St. Joe's, etc.  So whoever is selected is ..... doomed.  Hawk Hill is a destination, not a stepping stone as I see it.  The guys that get sit will have to be all-in-St.-Joes to stand a chance.  The last Phill yguy who did much was that old Pen coach Fran Dunphy.  He wen ton to be that old Temple coach Fran Dunphy across town. 

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

If the pick Jensen they better be ready for a guy who does not like to recruit.

where did you hear jensen didnt like to recruit?   my understanding he didnt like being an errand boy and chauffer.

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

where did you hear jensen didnt like to recruit?   my understanding he didnt like being an errand boy and chauffer.

As everything, we all hear stuff from a variety of people.  What I heard was that Jensen did not like being out on the road recruiting away from his family but  whose knows if this is the only story.

19 hours ago, cheeseman said:

As everything, we all hear stuff from a variety of people.  What I heard was that Jensen did not like being out on the road recruiting away from his family but  whose knows if this is the only story.

Does anyone really like to out on the road and away from family?  And wouldnt the timing make a big difference?  Married w young kids... not sure if that applied to Jensen but we know it was not an issue for RM and that RM’s passion was next to no one. 

2 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Does anyone really like to out on the road and away from family?  And wouldnt the timing make a big difference?  Married w young kids... not sure if that applied to Jensen but we know it was not an issue for RM and that RM’s passion was next to no one. 

Well some might not care.  He knew what the expectations were when he came after all he played for RM.  What did not make any sense to me was when he left - if he was unhappy he could have left in the spring or summer.  Apparently Moser was able to juggle it.

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well some might not care.  He knew what the expectations were when he came after all he played for RM.  What did not make any sense to me was when he left - if he was unhappy he could have left in the spring or summer.  Apparently Moser was able to juggle it.

Fully agree. Not all coaches can rebound so easily but RM sure did

He has ties to the area at Nova, Annapolis and 76ers.  So there's that,  kinda a strange hire but you never know.