Ford's Contract

35 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

I don’t see where they would go, most have recruiting circles in Stl except for the one in NY. Maybe take the st Joes job? We have Forte ready to start I’m sure 

Really?   Assistant coaches leave to become better paid assistant coaches at higher level P5 schools or they get lured away to become a head coach at a lower level D1, D2 or D3 school.   I can assure you that no existing assistant coach from an A10 school will be hired away to take the St. Joe head coaching job which will go to either an existing assistant coach, a lower level D1 head coach or a top assistant on a current P5 program - preferably one with St. Joe/Philly connections.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

Really?   Assistant coaches leave to become better paid assistant coaches at higher level P5 schools or they get lured away to become a head coach at a lower level D1, D2 or D3 school.   I can assure you that no existing assistant coach from an A10 school will be hired away to take the St. Joe head coaching job which will go to either an existing assistant coach, a lower level D1 head coach or a top assistant on a current P5 program - preferably one with St. Joe/Philly connections.

I guess our local SLU assistants leaving scares me. Whoever has the bbe connections would be trouble for us if he left

8 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

I guess our local SLU assistants leaving scares me. Whoever has the bbe connections would be trouble for us if he left

Not so much if the locals we got from them are having good experiences at SLU. 

6 minutes ago, Brighton said:

This thread is further proof that a majority of Billiken fans don't know how to handle prosperity.

NCAA Tournament appearances don't grow on trees, yet, we're talking about the coach's contract and the potential departures of assistants.

It's crazy.

We always have to worry about something. 

Even before this last weekend, I'm all in on Travis Ford. We have NEVER had a coach recruit as well as he does and while he's not perfect as a game coach, he's had the worst luck possible with S2, injuries, calculated gambles with top 60 recruits from WG, etc. 

I don't know what his contract situation is (May has never said a hard number of years or dollars to my knowledge) but he should have a contract that shows SLU is also all-in on him.

Hopefully he is happy here and won't jump at the first low-level P6 job that comes available. Eventually, I think we are going to have so much success with him that upper level P6 openings will come calling, but that would be a good problem for us to have given it means a whole lot of wins. In the meantime, just keep winning and enjoying the ride.

56 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This post is awesome, but won't be properly appreciated.  

I had to Google it.....

It sounds a lot like the craziness I used to get from WGNU before Chuck Norman died.  I just recently want to look up Lizz Brown to see what she thought of the Better Together rollout.  Unfortunately she died of cancer in 2017......

This reference also will not be properly appreciated.....

34 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I had to Google it.....

It sounds a lot like the craziness I used to get from WGNU before Chuck Norman died.  I just recently want to look up Lizz Brown to see what she thought of the Better Together rollout.  Unfortunately she died of cancer in 2017......

This reference also will not be properly appreciated.....

I had to google it too. 

When I did this gem came up and I was stricken with fear.

The Trophey Room was my old 3:00 AM stomping ground. I watched this entire video afraid I was going to spot myself passed out in the corner or hitting on some fat chick.

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I had to google it too. 

The Trophey Room was my old 3:00 AM stomping ground. I watched this entire video afraid I was going to spot myself passed out in the corner or hitting on some fat chick.

trough trolls spotted at 4:30.  fuokin' eh.  i used to encounter trough trolls at the cro home...

41 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I had to google it too. 

I shut that place down multiple times.  I just assumed no one ever went in there when the sun was out.  Same with Sandrinas.

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I shut that place down multiple times.  I just assumed no one ever went in there when the sun was out.  Same with Sandrinas.

I ended up there at 7 AM a few times. They had a “nurses” happy hour. In the early morning that place would be loaded with nurses who just got off the over night shift. Unfortunately they were never interested in a guy who was finishing off a 12 hour bender.

Once they went home I think the place was empty until 9 or 10 PM.