Watch party

8 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

@NashvilleBilliken @nashvilletom

Tagging a couple posters

Gonna be watching at the house Friday night. Got kid duty after work, so I'll be lightly pre-pre-gaming until bedtime and then the real pre-game begins. Can't wait!

If you tell me where you're staying, I can try to recommend a place. Key word "try"...I live pretty far out from the city now, so I'm not as knowledgeable as I used to be. 

DirtyRican likes this

27 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

Gonna be watching at the house Friday night. Got kid duty after work, so I'll be lightly pre-pre-gaming until bedtime and then the real pre-game begins. Can't wait!

If you tell me where you're staying, I can try to recommend a place. Key word "try"...I live pretty far out from the city now, so I'm not as knowledgeable as I used to be. 

We are leaving the kids at home so staying up right until 9 pm will be a challenge.  We are staying by Vandy and my buddy owns the Listening Room and he said that is an option.  I am open to suggestions though.  Thanks!

for the first time in a long time Im thinking about watching the game at home.  Watched the last 3 games at a bar with no sound, and dont want any distractions.  Really wanna live this one up. 

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

for the first time in a long time Im thinking about watching the game at home.  Watched the last 3 games at a bar with no sound, and dont want any distractions.  Really wanna live this one up. 

Don't break tradition.  If we lose, I will blame you

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Unless I’m at the game or possibly at a designated Billiken bae/watch party, I prefer watching at home.  

almaman likes this

11 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Don't break tradition.  If we lose, I will blame you

This is why I think I'm watching at home tomorrow. I watched the 3 tournament games at home (was on a plane for 1st game). Don't want to jinx it.

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

This is why I think I'm watching at home tomorrow. I watched the 3 tournament games at home (was on a plane for 1st game). Don't want to jinx it.

GET BACK ON THE PLANE FOR GAME 1!!! ;)

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Same here. Was home for the entirety of the Dayton and Davidson games. Got home right around when we started our run against Richmond. Got home during first half of St. Bonaventure game, again when we started to show some signs of life.

Also the comfort of my own home allows me to yell and shout without public embarrassment.

Just now, DeSmetBilliken said:

Same here. Was home for the entirety of the Dayton and Davidson games. Got home right around when we started our run against Richmond. Got home during first half of St. Bonaventure game, again when we started to show some signs of life.

Also the comfort of my own home allows me to yell and shout without public embarrassment.

This. People ask me why I won't go watch it somewhere. Cause I don't want to get kicked out. 

24 minutes ago, DirtyRican said:

We are leaving the kids at home so staying up right until 9 pm will be a challenge.  We are staying by Vandy and my buddy owns the Listening Room and he said that is an option.  I am open to suggestions though.  Thanks!

I eat lunch a lot at a place right by Vandy called Double Dogs. I think it would be a great place to watch the game and party a little bit. They have about 30+ TV's and it's right in Hillsboro village. Can't speak to the night atmosphere, but there will be no shortage of TV's and seating. Listening Room is a music venue and definitely in a more trendy area of town, if you want to go that route. Not sure about TV's.

23 hours ago, Pistol said:

Yeah, the 13th Annual Gateway Blues Festival. Man, tickets are expensive.

There are also concerts there on the 21st and 23rd. That place keeps busy. (Not to mention, Chaifetz is hosting commencements for 19 schools other than SLU throughout May and early June. I didn't realize that.)

Add to that a Cirque du Soleil show sometime this coming month.

20 hours ago, DirtyRican said:

I like Hi-Fi Clyde’s. Close to Vandy in Midtown. Staff is nice. Will put game on for you if you ask. Decent food. Sit at bar, or tables, or booths or couches. They have a lot for parking in back or you can park on street, pretty easy.

Double Dogs is a good location, on the other side of Vandy campus near the nice Hillsboro Village neighborhood. Nice tv set up. Have never eaten there. 

11 hours ago, DirtyRican said:

If you aren’t opposed to going downtown, Benchmark might be a good option. It’s on 2nd street across from the Wildhorse Saloon.