Watch party

47 minutes ago, SLUBallboy14 said:

Anybody know of any watch parties going on this Friday night in St. Louis?

Debating whether or not I should stick with what worked the last 4 games (watching at home while pacing back and forth), or ignore superstition and watch at a bar. 

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Debating whether or not I should stick with what worked the last 4 games (watching at home while pacing back and forth), or ignore superstition and watch at a bar. 

In the end, that is most likely what I will end up doing too but I’m pretty sure my wife doesn’t want to listen to me for another game.

Billiken Rich likes this

16 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I've probably posted this before but watching a game at a bar, unless its the ONLY thing they are showing and are playing the sound is a terrible experience, IMO

dlarry and mrjoelabs like this

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I've probably posted this before but watching a game at a bar, unless its the ONLY thing they are showing and are playing the sound is a terrible experience, IMO

Agreed.  I hate going somewhere only for the biggest TVs to be turned to some regional softball tournament or some obscure UFC fight.  Best bet is to call ahead to make sure a certain game is receiving prime billing. 

16 hours ago, SLUBallboy14 said:

In the end, that is most likely what I will end up doing too but I’m pretty sure my wife doesn’t want to listen to me for another game.

My wife was doing work on the couch, looked up at one point during the end of the game, and asked my why the hell I was: a) mute  b) circling the entire first floor of our house; and c) ghostly white.

There is a landing page that will contain all watch party info- https://www.slu.edu/postseason/index.php. This will be updated throughout the day once locations are finalized, and a mass email will be sent to advertise the locations of the watch parties.

The pregame party in San Jose will be at The Brit.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Oh, interesting. Two different Cincinnati watch parties and they're about a mile apart from one another. That seems...counterproductive.

Agree - I wish one was 100 miles up the road in Indy - I think it’s great though that they are being set up

9 minutes ago, jzstldc said:

Agree - I wish one was 100 miles up the road in Indy - I think it’s great though that they are being set up

I would love to send one of them to you.

Somehow Chicago, DC, NYC, Cleveland, Denver, New Orleans, and Milwaukee are all good with one apiece, but the megametropolis of Cincinnati must have two within a brisk walk of one another. Makes perfect sense.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I would love to send one of them to you.

Somehow Chicago, DC, NYC, Cleveland, Denver, New Orleans, and Milwaukee are all good with one apiece, but the megametropolis of Cincinnati must have two within a brisk walk of one another. Makes perfect sense.

Pistol you need to whip them into shape and make them get their heads out of their asses 

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Pistol you need to whip them into shape and make them get their heads out of their asses 

I see what you did there.

1 minute ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

It’s not like St. Louis needs more than 1-2 official watch parties. It’s been 5 years, more St Louis parties!

St. Louis is probably the one place that has a case for multiple official watch parties.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Oh, interesting. Two different Cincinnati watch parties and they're about a mile apart from one another. That seems...counterproductive.

And per their email all they did was call Oakley Pub and ask if the game was on. I doubt there's much "official"at all

Pistol likes this

43 minutes ago, brianstl said:

There is a concert Friday night at Chaifetz.

Yeah, the 13th Annual Gateway Blues Festival. Man, tickets are expensive.

There are also concerts there on the 21st and 23rd. That place keeps busy. (Not to mention, Chaifetz is hosting commencements for 19 schools other than SLU throughout May and early June. I didn't realize that.)