Billiken Fans appreciation thread

CBFan

One thing that is missing from our threads is appreciation for us.  I am guilty of going on the apology threads and have loved the appreciation threads for others and it is merited for those folks like Coach Ford, and Dr. Chaifetz.

Now it is time for all of us including folks that had their doubts and some that gave up to be honored for what we all bring to the program.  The program does not go out and get a coach Ford or Majerus without us and doesn't build a great on campus arena for fans to watch the team we love.

Thank you to all of the fans that showed up at Brooklyn to cheer our team on to the NCAA tournament. 

Thank you to all of the fans heading to California to cheer on the Billikens.

Thank you to all of the fans that travel with the team during the regular season.

Thank you to all of the season ticket holders and more important those fans that show up every game.

Thank you to all of the fans that support the Billikens from other states and off shore oil rigs.

Thanks to all of the single game ticket folks that show up and more important companies that distribute free tickets.

Thanks to Steve Rogers and all posters of Billikens.com that love their team and show it by posting all year.

Thanks to all of the posters that provide recruiting information, coaches show summaries and inside information.

2 hours ago, almaman said:

this seems like good place for this. seems like just yesterday!

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/years-ago-the-billikens-sat-atop-the-world-of-college/collection_94487b72-27c5-5fb8-a0d4-fff1588e3970.html#4

Frank is having VTU announcer on Pressbox today.

"He is Ed Macauley, who once again proved himself to be the best center in the country, in spite of being so thin that the 175 pounds spread along his 6-foot-8-inch frame make him look like a star patient for a Saranac sanitarium."

I read it in my head like an old-timey radio announcer. 

Anyone else go out and stock up on SLU gear after the game? Bought a new Columbia golf polo, some basketball shorts, and a new license plate cover. Of course,  I've had my Billikens flag hanging from my front porch since November....

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Anyone else go out and stock up on SLU gear after the game? Bought a new Columbia golf polo, some basketball shorts, and a new license plate cover. Of course,  I've had my Billikens flag hanging from my front porch since November....

I am really debating whether to wear my Billikens.com SignGuy shirt while I teach on Friday instead of my typical Oxford.

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Do they still have any Crew's COY stuff?

51 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I am really debating whether to wear my Billikens.com SignGuy shirt while I teach on Friday instead of my typical Oxford.

Definitely do it.

Also, do you have numbers for how traffic on here picked up over the course of the tournament?  Would be interesting to see how it gained, especially after Saturday if it did.  

5 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Definitely do it.

Also, do you have numbers for how traffic on here picked up over the course of the tournament?  Would be interesting to see how it gained, especially after Saturday if it did.  

Graph for the season through yesterday:

image.png

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Is that big spike in the middle when Gordon announced his departure?  There were more page views for that than for yesterday!

Dip during the holidays, spike when what's his name decided to transfer, and then pure madness the past 5 days :)

Also, that line in March may very well be going up still but is just cut off on the graphic?

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Is that big spike in the middle when Gordon announced his departure?  There were more page views for that than for yesterday!

Pretty much.  Something to consider is that if someone is looking for information about SLU in the tournament, many places will provide this information.  But with Gordon's tweets, pretty much the only place to really get news about it was here...

In another example, a top 5 all-time traffic day was when SLU was competing with a recruit who ended up going to Kentucky (I think it was a transfer, forget his name).  The Kentucky Board just swarmed over here for any information.

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

That's hard to believe.....

Well, you have to consider all the SLU-hating Mizzou fans coming on to gloat, but they weren't coming yesterday because their team's season is over and they weren't interested in being here yesterday trying to concoct some specious reasoning to explain their undying delusion of being the self-entitled "only  'major' program in the state."

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Dip during the holidays, spike when what's his name decided to transfer, and then pure madness the past 5 days :)

Also, that line in March may very well be going up still but is just cut off on the graphic?

Graph is not cut off.  But for comparison here is a similar graph for 2012 - 2013 season (but going through all of March).  Notice max on Y-Axis is now 100,000

image.png

10 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Well, you have to consider all the SLU-hating Mizzou fans coming on to gloat, but they weren't coming yesterday because their team's season is over and they weren't interested in being here yesterday trying to concoct some specious reasoning to explain their undying delusion of being the self-entitled "only  'major' program in the state."

i read the mu board, mu would have gone 18-0 in the a10 and 3-0 in the tournament. they really believe that