LETS BEAT VATECH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Bizziken said:

I just don't get it. It takes a player a few games to get back into the swing of things. Robinson will definitely be a concern, but I think the impact of his return will be mitigated by his lack of PT over the past month. 

We’ll put Welmer on him

It’s certainly fair for VA Tech to be the favorite in this game, but how can some publications be giving us only a 7% chance to win?  Especially after the week we just had, and considering that we beat basically the same team last year, with both teams improving somewhat.

38 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

All the pressure is on VA Tech. They know what happened last year, even if the media doesn't. They'll try and blow us out early. We have to withstand the run.

I want to come out and punch them right in the f****** mouth. After a couple of 3s drop and Has thunderdunks on their azzes, I want a chill to creep up their spines and a sense of doubt to enter their consciousness. And then, to complete the demoralization, I want Goodwin to lean over and whisper in Robinson's ear, "Remember me....I'm gonna make you wish you were still injured." Fin.

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

It’s certainly fair for VA Tech to be the favorite in this game, but how can some publications be giving us only a 7% chance to win?  Especially after the week we just had, and considering that we beat basically the same team last year, with both teams improving somewhat.

If we do get blown away won't be too embarrassing.

10 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Reading some of the news stories and blog posts this morning and found something I didn't know about our team (oh, how I wish this was true): 

"- Saint Louis Billikens: Saint Louis has four players who shoot at least 40 percent from 3-point range."

http://www.newsbug.info/news/nation/march-madness-reasons-to-root-for-the-teams-in-the/article_1ca54486-7bb3-5d6a-8319-d3423de6943a.html

This makes no sense....We have 4 players who shoot over 40% FG%....Even if they meant that... it still doesn't make sense...Our entire team averages 41.8%...good for a D- ...Beware the basketball expert during March Madness....That's why they call it Madness.

rgbilliken likes this

33 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

This makes no sense....We have 4 players who shoot over 40% FG%....Even if they meant that... it still doesn't make sense...Our entire team averages 41.8%...good for a D- ...Beware the basketball expert during March Madness....That's why they call it Madness.

beware of the Id(es)iots March

rgbilliken likes this

Just doing a little digging into the computerized ranking services and Massey, a composite of 52 rankings, had us move up 28 spots this week from 117 to 89. Sagarin has moved us from 113 early in the week to 100 following the tourney. The surprising thing there is Sagarin's "recent" ranking has us at 32! V-Tech is ranked 16 in Massey, 12th in Sagarin, but only 20th in "recent". We've got a shot.

Not sure where to put this(or if it was mentioned before) but if you're wondering if players read these posts, they do! Tramaine mentioned in his media today that he is an avid reader of the SLU forum(assuming billikens.com).  At the tail end of the interview. Pretty cool 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Javon Bess and Tramaine Isabell Jr meet with the press <a href="https://t.co/QAejbW3J1h">https://t.co/QAejbW3J1h</a></p>&mdash; Carter Chapley (@ChapleyMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChapleyMedia/status/1107711314158407682?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> 

EDIT:I probably should have put this in the fan appreciation thread. Even being new to the forum, it's cool to know players read it. AND we should be mindful that they might 

Zink, billikenbill and jimbofive like this

24 minutes ago, almaman said:

I find that kind of depressing. Hate to think guys just mouthing off in our little clubhouse are being read by their subjects. We've surely did some damage to some of the most abused if they really follow.

They all read the board.  Ford doesn't, but his staff does.