Chaifetz appreciation thread

30 minutes ago, willie said:

I guess I am the only person who watched channel 5 news last night. The school did match and Fred said they were looking for additional support. 

Thanks for the update.  Although a no brainer, glad the school did the right thing

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I looked into doing a PJ for a group of 12 for a bachelor party, it was like 22k for pilot, gas etc, so this adds up to be about right. 

Now that's how you do a proper bachelor party. Each cup holder on the PJ filled with an 8 ball. Bots poppin' in the mini fridge.

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Now that's how you do a proper bachelor party. Each cup holder on the PJ filled with an 8 ball. Bots poppin' in the mini fridge.

too bad we're all poor so instead we did a house boat on a lake, ha

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

If the school did match, part of me wonders if they know or think the Big East may be expanding sooner rather than later and are trying to position themselves as best as possible.  Obviously it's easy to say if you provide a free trip of course students will go but it does show dedication to getting fans to games by the biggest booster and the school.  Probably overthinking it but SLU did really hype up the Butler game, Dr. P just sent out a tweet about Jesuit schools in the tournament, and now they are paying money that they have never done before to send students to a game.  Even if not for the Big East, happy to see the dedication to the program finally.  

I think  you think too much.

1 hour ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

What is 50k to SLU? That’s one internationals year tuition. Pretty easy for SLU. Hopefully next year they do the contest for Brooklyn 

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/education/budget-shortfall-at-slu-could-mean-layoffs-program-cuts/article_fdea4be2-1650-52a3-bc8b-2cb7db831b9c.html

12 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Per Steve's post over here:

NCAA credits were worth $1.7 million last year.  Assuming that SLU gets 75% of that per the 75 team / 25 conference split that Steve referenced that means each SLU win in the NCAA tournament is worth $1.275 million to the school.  Kicking in $50k for students to attend games would need to increase our odds of winning by roughly 4% ($50k/$1,275k) for this to be a sound investment if you're only looking at the money from NCAA units.  Of course, there are all kinds of other benefits to the school from a longer NCAA run that I'm not factoring in.

3 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

The contest with the videos was mostly by the die hard fans that attended most games

True, but like I’m not creative. I went to every game but if I didn’t do a great video I’m not going. Doing it by something tangible removes any b!tching and complaining

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

True, but like I’m not creative. I went to every game but if I didn’t do a great video I’m not going. Doing it by something tangible removes any b!tching and complaining

I know there was talk on here, but did SLU ever start that app where students check into games, which helps with prizes and such?  If so, this should be the main focus for the prizes.

Wait, 1300 Slu students are aware of the basketball team enough to enter a contest For a free trip?! Wow, knock me over with a feather...

2nd photo...wait? You actually have to SHOW UP? 85% can’t be bothered. 

473D7081-E3DE-4152-81A6-5AEB9D1D9525.png

3203CCC9-A1C1-466A-B25E-3878F9D2222B.png

El oh el. Can't show up to any of the basketball games, can't even be bothered to show up in the middle of campus for a free trip to the bay area. I bet these people wouldn't even show up to the actual game in San Jose!

So glad a donor is sending the REAL student fans to the tournament.

I watched on FB for awhile. I think the first 3 winners were not present. If u can't show up for that u won't show up for the game. Hell, you'd probably ask are we supposed to be cheering for the team in blue or white? Pathetic students. 

Also watched some of it, pretty hilarious. The students yelling “NOT HERE” after every name had me weak 

57 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

My younger brother got picked. He's on here occasionally. Just as big of a fan as myself. I think they are going to have a good group going. Pissed I'm not going to be there though. Fuoking San Jose.  Hopefully they can make it to the s16.

That is awesome. Congrats to him 

Video: