Chaifetz appreciation thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

I hope they choose only the students that attended the most games this season (if they have a way of tracking that). This may be a way for Chaifetz to bolster regular season attendance numbers if he can start bringing students to the A10 (or NCAA) tourneys every year. Students would be more motivated to gain the opportunity for a free trip, knowing that their regular season attendance went towards that. 

1 hour ago, Spoon-Balls said:

I hope they choose only the students that attended the most games this season (if they have a way of tracking that). This may be a way for Chaifetz to bolster regular season attendance numbers if he can start bringing students to the A10 (or NCAA) tourneys every year. Students would be more motivated to gain the opportunity for a free trip, knowing that their regular season attendance went towards that. 

+1

2 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

News just broke, lottery of 25 random students. Can’t wait for some randos who don’t know cheers or the starting 5 to be there...

Spoon-Balls likes this

56 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Signed. This honestly should get its own thread, SLUnatics really deserve to go on this trip, not just random students who may have never even gone to a game this season. 

billiken_roy likes this

9 hours ago, Neighbor Dave said:

Only 25 students?  The math doesn't make sense. It can't cost $2k per person ($4k if the U is kicking in $50k as well) to get to SJ and watch a ball game or two.

On the news Fred talked about a charter. Charter's aren't cheap. Most of the commercial flights were pretty booked up 

21 minutes ago, willie said:

On the news Fred talked about a charter. Charter's aren't cheap. Most of the commercial flights were pretty booked up 

I looked into doing a PJ for a group of 12 for a bachelor party, it was like 22k for pilot, gas etc, so this adds up to be about right. 

14 hours ago, willie said:

Just saw on the news the university is also kicking in 50k and looking for more donors. Looking to charter a plane. 

He asked the university to match it.  I wonder if SLU did (doesn't sound like it and I haven't seen anything suggesting SLU has matched). 

4 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

He asked the university to match it.  I wonder if SLU did (doesn't sound like it and I haven't seen anything suggesting SLU has matched). 

i thought i read on twitter last night Saint louis did indeed match the donation.   may be wrong, but i know i went to bed thinking such.  

i just hope the kids selected indeed are slunatics and not some snowflakes that just want a free trip.   our loyal basketball fan slunatics deserve the trip.   plus got to believe they will make a lot more noise.   

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i thought i read on twitter last night Saint louis did indeed match the donation.   may be wrong, but i know i went to bed thinking such.  

i just hope the kids selected indeed are slunatics and not some snowflakes that just want a free trip.   our loyal basketball fan slunatics deserve the trip.   plus got to believe they will make a lot more noise.   

You’re liking the twitters, aren’t you Roy? 

Littlebill likes this

11 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I guess I am the only person who watched channel 5 news last night. The school did match and Fred said they were looking for additional support. 

If the school did match, part of me wonders if they know or think the Big East may be expanding sooner rather than later and are trying to position themselves as best as possible.  Obviously it's easy to say if you provide a free trip of course students will go but it does show dedication to getting fans to games by the biggest booster and the school.  Probably overthinking it but SLU did really hype up the Butler game, Dr. P just sent out a tweet about Jesuit schools in the tournament, and now they are paying money that they have never done before to send students to a game.  Even if not for the Big East, happy to see the dedication to the program finally.  

23 minutes ago, willie said:

I guess I am the only person who watched channel 5 news last night. The school did match and Fred said they were looking for additional support. 

the only thing i will watch on anything nbc affiliated is "the voice".