THANK YOU COACH FORD

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Ford was on the verge of tears in his post-game interview.  Talked about how everybody, including himself, came from different backgrounds for different reasons.  And how the team had overcome so much, from injuries to roster changes.  There had to be a reason they were all here today.  Happy St. Patrick's everybody!

I doubt any coach in the A10 has faced the same amount of adversity this season. What a job!  Getting the team to reform over the last third of conference play. Getting DJ Foreman out of his funk. Keeping the team motivated and willing to fight. Wow. 

Right now, Ford has a leg up on what Majerus accomplished in 3 years!!!

After getting an opportunity to meet the team at vcu, i just got the sense that these coaches and players are decent guys. I suppose i could be proven wrong but i certainly hope not. It was nothing short of remarkable that you can win 4 in 4 with 6-7 players two of which are hobbled. The a -10 is tougher than they are given credit and our guys still won. of course according to spumac fans ford cant coach and the tigers would have gone 21-0 in conference and 3-0 in the tournament and not a single a-10 player could make their roster. I for one am most thankful to have ford and his staff. looking forward to playing this next weekend and seeing a big uptick in recruiting

BIG BILL FAN likes this

9 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

After getting an opportunity to meet the team at vcu, i just got the sense that these coaches and players are decent guys. I suppose i could be proven wrong but i certainly hope not. It was nothing short of remarkable that you can win 4 in 4 with 6-7 players two of which are hobbled. The a -10 is tougher than they are given credit and our guys still won. of course according to spumac fans ford cant coach and the tigers would have gone 21-0 in conference and 3-0 in the tournament and not a single a-10 player could make their roster. I for one am most thankful to have ford and his staff. looking forward to playing this next weekend and seeing a big uptick in recruiting

Should definitely help in finishing our recruiting class.

Not to rain on this "big uptick in recruiting high" I remember when Weber was at IL and he went to the Final 4 everyone said that this was going to make his recruiting of the top players so much easier.  Weber later said that kids have already made their minds up by the time they are juniors and that unless you are on their list to start with it would not help much.  He said he expected a 2 year lag before the recruiting really benefited from their run.  He apparently was right because he was let go 3 years ( I think) later.  I agree this run doesn't hurt us but the best we can hope for realistically is it moves the needle for those who we are already in the hunt.

Old guy likes this

15 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Not to rain on this "big uptick in recruiting high" I remember when Weber was at IL and he went to the Final 4 everyone said that this was going to make his recruiting of the top players so much easier.  Weber later said that kids have already made their minds up by the time they are juniors and that unless you are on their list to start with it would not help much.  He said he expected a 2 year lag before the recruiting really benefited from their run.  He apparently was right because he was let go 3 years ( I think) later.  I agree this run doesn't hurt us but the best we can hope for realistically is it moves the needle for those who we are already in the hunt.

Who gives a fuok

33 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Has to be a positive with the Grad Transfers.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

My post was not a complaint.  It simply was an objective response to what was being said.  Sorry that some can not be reasonable but that is their problem not mine.  I am very glad we won but it doesn't make me blind to reality.  Go Bills!

Your post makes no sense, but whatever. How could anyone argue that winning doesn’t help your recruiting!

BigMouthBilliken likes this