GDT: Selection Show

Pistol

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I do not think seeds are set by locations.

I think they're set by where you rank in the top 64. Like if you're ranked # 2 and you're a team from the South but # 1's also a team from the South, # 2 might get the Mid West #1. They're not getting the South anyways. 

24 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I like that notion.  However, Loyola had a pretty good path set up for them.  The NCAA will likely give SLU the toughest path possible.

Might not matter though; these guys have HEART.

I don't believe it's set that way. They end up ranking all the teams that make it 1-64. Then the 4 PIG games. Say Duke get's rated #1 they will be the top seed in the South. Number 2 say is UK, another Southern Team, they'll be ranked #1 in a different region. I'm just not sure how they determine the regions v rankings. TOP SECRET I think. 

Big win for our program and University. Finally we are doung what the programs we aspire to have done - get to the Dance even when we’re not supposed to. Not since the Miracle in Memphis?   Yes we have have made it to the Tournament- but usually only after rebuilding and getting there when expected with regular season accomplishments.  Sustained success requires unexpected appearances too. Probably easier to now fill our remaining scholarships should we want to fill some or all. And let’s not forget the NCAA money to begin rolling in just for making theTournament - even if we lose first game. Anyone have those figures ?

Adman and BigMouthBilliken like this

So a few weeks ago, my wife and our friend we share season tix with figured there was no chance we'd make it to the tourney so we booked a trip to Vegas to watch the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

Fast forward to today, and the Billikens are dancing! While a bit sad we now can't go travel to watch them first round (trip is largely prepaid), still super stoked that we'll be able to wear SLU gear in Vegas during March Madness with pride and laying down a few bucks on the team.

Anyway, there won't be a Knights Inn story from the first round this year. But hopefully the team can make a run and we make a road trip to the Regionals!

NH and 2010andBeyond like this

So....I know it doesn't matter too much, but I'd rather get a 13 seed. Play a 4 seed, perhaps catch them off-guard in the first game. It also gives a 12 seed the opportunity to knock off the 5.

Buffalo, Nevada, or even a K-State would be ideal opponents for us as a 13 seed, in my opinion.

I hadn’t bothered to post this earlier, but I really like following this site when we are looking like an at-large team. Looking at the teams right around us I have a tough time seeing 12, but I am sure I will be wrong haha. I’m thinking 13 seems most likely (like in the link we should be ahead of Old Dominion) and I could see maybe being the top 14 again looking at the teams around us.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

I don’t. They’re really good.

I've watched them a handful of times and have been wholly unimpressed. I think we match up better against Buffalo than most on that line.