Seniors

Regardless of what happens today, huge props to the seniors.

This run Isabell is on is special and I am not sure what I can compare it to. I have never seen a guy go into takeover mode and that making him more efficient and also more unselfish with regards to setting his teammates up. It has been a treat to watch. I hope he has someone putting together a highlight video of his past month of games, just some ridiculous plays.

While Isabell has been the star, it has been fun seeing other guys step up and join him. It was great to see Bess be the guy yesterday. Bess is an absolute warrior and what he did yesterday will be my lasting memory of his time as a Billiken. Fighting thru injuries a significant portion of the season yet having one of the biggest games of his career in the semifinals to send us to the Championship game. He has put himself on my list of favorite Billikens.

DJ continues to fight and yesterday his defense at the top of the zone created significant problems for Davidson.

Really proud of this team and these seniors in particular yesterday. These are the weekends that fans will remember for a lifetime, thanks for giving us this excitement and the memories. You guys will be remembered. Now let’s keep this thing rolling another week.

Zink, slufanskip, Pistol and 3 others like this

27 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Regardless of what happens today, huge props to the seniors.

This run Isabell is on is special and I am not sure what I can compare it to.

That play second half when he drove straight to the hole and then underhanded fast pitched softball bullet to JB who stepped in for a 15' swish was 2 cool 4 skool

1 hour ago, almaman said:

That play second half when he drove straight to the hole and then underhanded fast pitched softball bullet to JB who stepped in for a 15' swish was 2 cool 4 skool

That was an awesome pass.

22 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I noted his absence on the floor yesterday. Hoping he is heathy enough to play. 

Something up with Wiley. Saw him walking slowly by himself out of the locker room towards the bus after the big Dayton W, then posted this tweet shortly after midnight.

4C428682-948C-4F98-8516-21A1F910410B.jpeg

On the other side of the seniors coin - props to Fred Thatch for averaging 26 minutes a game in the tourney so far. Great experience for the young'n. 

Obviously a lot of praise to go around for the seniors - but just thought I'd mention that watching these last few games in person, I've never seen DJ's motor run so high. He's been great on D in the paint and up at the top of the arc. Just all over the place (in a good way) and really causing problems. It's been impressive. Along with Tremaine and Bess being locked in, I think Foreman's energy and intensity has been a less lauded part of this great run so far.