GDT Survive and Advance Brown Welders Edition

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Gym Rat said:

The audio of this clip is Rammer and Earl on the final play of the game.  You can feel the happiness in both of their voices (i believe Earl is actually crying).  Good stuff...Roll Bills

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401121540

Thank you for sending that.  I almost joined Earl on the emotional side when listening to it.

15 hours ago, Littlebill said:

I don’t hate them because they’re rabid fans, I hate them because they’re asshats on Twitter. Second in the league only to that one Bizarre VCU weirdo who wears the horns

The bonnies kicked our butt for the past 5 years, so they earned a little hate from us.  That said, it's a compliment to be hated.  Nothing would make me happier than for the rest of the A-10 to really hate us. 

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Bonnie fans are having a real sh*t fit over the officiating which is hilarious because their screeners kicked their hips out every time.

Bona go home to Olean.

Let them whine.  We're playing Big Boy Basketball now, with refs who actually understand (to some extent) how to call a game, not the usual A10 East Coast Bus League zebras on the Serengeti.

And if the Bonnies want to whine, what about the multitude of uncalled Bona hand checks, or does that stuff only go 1 way?

Personally, i dont like bully ball.   But i hate refs that arent consistent and if that means dont call anything, id rather have that then the stupidity of the Richmond gave Thursday.   

St bonnie had less fouls called on them till with about 4 min left they realized they were no where close to 1 and 1 so they then went into foul mode.    So not sure what the hell they are talking about.  Crybabies

19 hours ago, Pistol said:

Another weird box score.

Goodwin was the star of the game, hands down. 17 points and 15 rebounds, and he added 3 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. Felt like 4-5 steals, too, and he finished with no turnovers and just one foul. His 3-point shooting wasn't good (1-5), and the same for his FT shooting (1-3), but 7-15 overall isn't bad and he was all over the floor.

We finished with another abysmal slashline: .373/.182/.467. I guess we were able to overcome this with just 6 turnovers and the fact SBU shot .339 from the field. Good D. Isabell had 4 of those 6 turnovers and French had the other two.

Wiley was +13, by far the best +/- on the team. French was next at +3.

We got outrebounded 42-39.

Fouls were 16 to 11, but SBU only had that many more because of how much they had to foul at the end. The refs let them play today.

I'm not sure what to take away from this box score, except that there's more than one way to win. I thought we had no chance unless Bess and Isabell were both clicking, and neither of them had a great game. If they can both find their form against VT, we'll have a great shot.

According to Stu Goodwin was MVP of the champioship game and should have been on the all tourney team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...