GDT Survive and Advance Brown Welders Edition

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bona84. We have another Bona fan that posts in this blog and he always has been a fine poster and a gentleman in the way he has handled victories and defeats. You appear to be just like him. It was a hard fought game that we could very well had lost but did not. All the best for next year.

That was shaping up as the ultimate Kick-in-the-SLU fans-nads  moment.

Missed FTs...multiple stops during the last sequence but can't grab the rebound...great defense and near steal, but recovered and kicked out for a WIDE open dagger by some dude who had just entered the game for the first time...

...and it missed.  

Maybe - dare I say it - the curse has been exorcised.

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I like st bona fans and i hate their team. They always kick our ass. 

NOT THIS TIME!!!

Nothing but good when talking st bonnie fans prior to the game all week.   But once the game started they were asses.   Cheering over our cheerleaders.   Booing when the billikens came on the floor and when introduced.   Etc.  No friends of mine anymore

Had other grandparental commitments.  Taped game and did so doing a social media and regular media blackout.  Only thing i was told was 'don't watch the first half.'  So despite all the bad, I felt something good was coming.  And it did.  A horrible start and a horrible close but we are dancing.  Lots of guts.  Revenge tour.  Redemption.  Ford coached extremely well all weekend.  Guys stepped up when we needed it.  We held Davidson to 15 in the second half, the Bunnies to 19.  Massive.  Without Stockard, they do nothing.  Lofton 6, Welch 3, Osunniyi 4.  Yeah I'll take our seniors any day.

Goodwin saved us.  And Wiley was key late.  Sending Dayton home was my season ---- the rest is gravy!!!

5 hours ago, slusam said:

Wiley really stepped up . Two big 3s

And while he didn’t play great defense, he played very credible defense. I was glad to see him in there. 

Wiley and the Bonnie’s big man getting 3 fouls in the first half made a bigger impact than I expected. Osunniyi was a factor early and then never played aggressively enough after the early foul trouble and stopped altering shots. I guess he can be happy he didn’t get any more fouls. 

1 minute ago, SLU_Lax said:

And while he didn’t play great defense, he played very credible defense. I was glad to see him in there. 

Wiley and the Bonnie’s big man getting 3 fouls in the first half made a bigger impact than I expected. Osunniyi was a factor early and then never played aggressively enough after the early foul trouble and stopped altering shots. I guess he can be happy he didn’t get any more fouls. 

On one of the postgame shows Macon said they are a much better team when Wiley is hitting shots and i agree.

52 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don't know why everyone was nervous when we were down 15. I'm just now watching the game and we just went down 15 and I'm not nervous at all. In fact I feel really good about our chances. 

Assume you didn't wait to watch to find out we won?

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Nothing but good when talking st bonnie fans prior to the game all week.   But once the game started they were asses.   Cheering over our cheerleaders.   Booing when the billikens came on the floor and when introduced.   Etc.  No friends of mine anymore

Lol, sounds like good college basketball fans. 

Ironbills and Littlebill like this

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

I do not understand the need to post about Gordon at this time. He is a kid with problems, his own problems, that he has to solve himself. There is no need to feel like we have to take revenge against him.

Great! Another Carteare Gordon enabler! Just what he needs. The guy is a **** up, and for his own good, he needs more people to tell him that. The guy played a big part in this season, so yeah, we’re goong to talk about him. 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

14 minutes ago, David King said:

Great! Another Carteare Gordon enabler! Just what he needs. The guy is a **** up, and for his own good, he needs more people to tell him that. The guy played a big part in this season, so yeah, we’re goong to talk about him. 

Old Guy, please refrain from regaling us with your petty morals, this is Billikens.com and we’re going DANCING!!!!

David King likes this

57 minutes ago, SShoe said:

Lol, sounds like good college basketball fans. 

I don’t hate them because they’re rabid fans, I hate them because they’re asshats on Twitter. Second in the league only to that one Bizarre VCU weirdo who wears the horns

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

So they were doing what fans are suppose to do?

What exactly was the problem here?

Is booing worse than yelling “who cares”

”so what” and the other things the band and student section yells when opposing teams are introduced at Chaifetz?

Another weird box score.

Goodwin was the star of the game, hands down. 17 points and 15 rebounds, and he added 3 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. Felt like 4-5 steals, too, and he finished with no turnovers and just one foul. His 3-point shooting wasn't good (1-5), and the same for his FT shooting (1-3), but 7-15 overall isn't bad and he was all over the floor.

We finished with another abysmal slashline: .373/.182/.467. I guess we were able to overcome this with just 6 turnovers and the fact SBU shot .339 from the field. Good D. Isabell had 4 of those 6 turnovers and French had the other two.

Wiley was +13, by far the best +/- on the team. French was next at +3.

We got outrebounded 42-39.

Fouls were 16 to 11, but SBU only had that many more because of how much they had to foul at the end. The refs let them play today.

I'm not sure what to take away from this box score, except that there's more than one way to win. I thought we had no chance unless Bess and Isabell were both clicking, and neither of them had a great game. If they can both find their form against VT, we'll have a great shot.

Frank and ch 5 had 10 minute lovefest for us. First they had our game then E St Louis piece centered around TH with in studio interview with very level headed well spoken future Bills hero with father off camera and loads of love for his family and Coach. Followed by St Mary's story mainly about Yuri. pinch me, towel me, Pitbull me what a day!

Zink, drkelsey55, BJK and 1 other like this