Coach Ford Apology Thread

As I said David King, I don't owe him an apology.  And I don't owe Jordan Goodwin one either.  Objective analysis being what it is.  I never put Ford on a hot or even warm seat this year.  Just as with the team, it took him a while to figure it out ..... passive zone, 1-3-1 zone, 13 zone, zone to man-to-man.  He also fought for his guys and I like his halftime adjustments.  i'm always there for you to hit the "ignore" button.  It works well for me.

Cincybill likes this

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Old guy said:

What it really sounds like is some exotic form of bipolar disease triggered by the team winning or losing. A bit of lithium in the beer should help control these exaggerated emotional ups and downs.

As a doctor, I wouldn't suggest this 

Disclaimer: this should be not be taken as medical advice. Please talk to your doctor

2 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Everyone does realize, I hope, that if we win tomorrow, head coaching offers are coming Coach Ford’s way...  and he may be gone if not appreciated. Maybe even after these past 3 games.  Embarrassing that so many have been anti-Ford.  Has he made mistakes? Of course.  Is criticism of him fair?  Of course.  Different opinions as to lineups, tempo, defensive schemesetc is what makes the Board enjoyable. But to pile on and make him out to be such a terrible Coach is only a reflection of those who make such dumb comments. Hopefully he doesn’t listen.  And again, for all still fixed upon preseason expectations, the National media who procalimed Jim Crews Coach of the Year also predicted us as A10 Champs - then again, maybe A10 Tournament Champs? 

Jim crews won the a10 regular season and tourney ?

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

As I said David King, I don't owe him an apology.  And I don't owe Jordan Goodwin one either.  Objective analysis being what it is.  I never put Ford on a hot or even warm seat this year.  Just as with the team, it took him a while to figure it out ..... passive zone, 1-3-1 zone, 13 zone, zone to man-to-man.  He also fought for his guys and I like his halftime adjustments.  i'm always there for you to hit the "ignore" button.  It works well for me.

I agree, he has a job to do and at many points he hasn't done it well. Same for Goodwin. Isabell is a mystery to me, somehow he just finally found it. I'll admit that I said many times he shouldn't even be on the court in favor of Wiley or Thatch. He's in Kemba Mode now.

12 hours ago, Old guy said:

What it really sounds like is some exotic form of bipolar disease triggered by the team winning or losing. A bit of lithium in the beer should help control these exaggerated emotional ups and downs.

This was a tongue in cheek post. I should have used the blue font for the last sentence.