Coach Ford Apology Thread

Fantastic game!  Huge upset! Great game by our Billikens!  Tonight is proof that Coach Ford can really coach - not just recruit.   Hot seat.... Seat getting warm...   Frankly, I considered the source and saw the who was initially drawn to that thread ---  lots of laughs --  Our season is not yet over...

Now it's time for all you critics, naysayers, non-Billiken fans and trolls to step and apologize.  You know who you are.  I have started this thread to make things easy for you, so go right ahead and apologize.

Schasz and CBFan like this

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Fantastic game!  Huge upset! Great game by our Billikens!  Tonight is proof that Coach Ford can really coach - not just recruit.   Hot seat.... Seat getting warm...   Frankly, I considered the source and saw the who was initially drawn to that thread ---  lots of laughs --  Our season is not yet over...

Now it's time for all you critics, naysayers, non-Billiken fans and trolls to step and apologize.  You know who you are.  I have started this thread to make things easy for you, so go right ahead and apologize.

Lol I’m very excited but one game does not  erase the entire season 

1 minute ago, dennis_w said:

enjoy the moment, 21 wins are hard to come by. there are four teams from the a-10 with a chance to go to the dance and the bills are one of them. i dont think coach ford's seat is the least bit warm

Agree, never could understand the criticism. He recruits and works like no other Billiken coach in my memory. I’m looking forward to see what he can do with a full roster.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Add to this a  @Taj79 apologizes to Goodwin thread.

Goodwin brings so many intangibles to this team.  He had a monster game.

He did but something resembling these last 2 games is what I expected from Jordan most of this season. It's the player I saw last year but better. It's the player Jordan can and should be. 

Billiken Rich likes this

A Bomb.   This win must really hurt, eh?   And you saw the win in person too!!  All this time of complaining that the offense doesn't click, Coach Ford cannot coach, this season is bust... LOL!!

I was right.  low basketball IQ.  Keep placing a troll by every post of mine.   All  you do is make yourself look even more foolish!!   

Billiken Rich likes this

Clock so you want us to apologize for all the times we complained that coach ford was not utilizing the player talent by pushing the ball more and exerting more  ball defense.   So he has done that the last two games.   Seems he should be apologizing to us.

TheA_Bomb likes this

I've said all year that Ford was underachieving with THIS group of players. Situation 2, Santos leaving, Gordon leaving, and injuries are all factors but I still would have taken our 5 starters over anyone in the league. But we weren't playing up to that level and that falls on everyone including Ford.

Obviously we are only halfway to the goal of winning this tournament so a thread like this is borderline moronic at this point but I do think Ford deserves some credit. He is finally letting Goodwin play a game that fits his strengths. And honestly Isabell thrives in a more open offense too. Really the whole team does. Despite the tired legs, we are going to be hard to beat over the next 2 days when we play this kind of offense 

10 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I love fans like this....

Of course you do you are so deep and above it all, your the man

Jordan Goodwin needs tons of work .....not on the offensive boards, not on steals and passing lanes, not on hustle and intangibles ..... but on being an offensive guard, the engine to our car next year.   Yes he made a three, a key three, probably the biggest three of the week.  So did Obi Toppin.  So did Trey Landers.  And Jordan is better than both.  Combined.  Toppin didn't have a dunk all game and without that, he's just another weak, limited cog.  Last night, he was literally a monstrous small forward, a beast on the offensive boards.  I never questioned that part of hsi game.  Case in point ---- airball from 20, and an airball from 10.  First two shots of his game I think.  No apologies are forthcoming, don't hold your breath.

I thought the key to the game was Ford's selection of the defense.  That's all on Ford and/or the staff.  It wasn't a passive 1-3-1, not all the time.  The speed and urgency by which the outer guys on the "3" rushed the wing players and disrupted things was fantastic.  I don't recall seeing such vigor in the zone ever before.  And we didn't do it all the time.  It was selective.  We rushed Crutcher and Cohill, but did not do so with the same vigor when the pass went to Lander or Mikesell.  We also got out on Davis, another one-trick catch-and-shoot pony.  Whether or not hsi injury hurt him that bad, Toppin never tried to attack the lane the whole second half.  It was a slugfest and we imposed our will.  Ford and/or the staff get credit for that for sure.

We seemed to have discovered our best game is bully ball.  With some hero ball by Isabell thrown in.  I was quite dismayed by our guys not seemingly knowing where to go or where to be.  There were many times Bess and Thatch were in the same spot and maybe that's not on Ford but 30 games into a season, I think you ought to know, don't you?  At times, Dayton's offense was a thing of beauty .... cuts, screens, passes, layups.  In that lone regard, they were better than us most times.  And I believe that was when we went 2-3 zone. Ford adapted and coached his ass off.  That's his job.  We will need the same enthusiasm to disrupt tonight's veteran, calm, cool and disciplined opponent.  

I don't recall being in the group putting Ford on the hot seat just yet.  He's obviously limited.  Even with a depleted bench, these last three years have been great over anything [dead] did on his own.  I can't wait to see what next year brings but if we continue to walk the ball up and play pedestrian, we suffer.  Twenty-one wins is a huge success even with our original lofty expectations.  Ford outcoached both Mooney and Grant so far in Brooklyn.  Tonight it's McKillop ------ the stakes have been raised all over the place.

9 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

A Bomb.   This win must really hurt, eh?   And you saw the win in person too!!  All this time of complaining that the offense doesn't click, Coach Ford cannot coach, this season is bust... LOL!!

I was right.  low basketball IQ.  Keep placing a troll by every post of mine.   All  you do is make yourself look even more foolish!!   

You're a fool and I haven't forgotten about you.   What you fail to understand, is that I want SLU to win.   Criticism doesn't mean we want the coach to fail.

I'm happy SLU is winning.   We find ourselves in a position that we must win to get into the tournament and that shouldn't be the case. 

For everyone else's knowledge this idiot called me out for criticizing the coach.   That's fine but demanding that I stop posting pissed me off.  So I didn't respond well to that, then this idiot tells me to "grow a pair."  I'm not really sure what that had to do with anything.   Also not something I appreciate.   I don't suffer fools or insults. 

You don't know who the f#$k you're talking to. It's too late for you to apologize to me. That would've been the smart thing for you.   So I'll see you when I see you. 

NH, TheChosenOne, Zink and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Of course you do you are so deep and above it all, your the man

When everyone is as excited as they have been since the season tipped off, why immediately come to a message board calling fans out who thought the team underachieved to this point? They did underachieve this season, but last night went a long way in changing the narrative of this season. You know what, those same fans who were critical are now quite happy to see their team take down Dayton and hopefully win two more. Some of those folks are in Brooklyn now. It’s just odd behavior to call out fans minutes after a big win when what they were saying a week ago isn’t suddenly wrong. This season was a disappointment ranking in the 130s of Pomeroy, but last night was fantastic and this weekend could be one we will always remember. We are all fans, no need to snipe at folks who don’t have the exact same opinions as you. That is all. I love your optimism as a Billiken fan, but not all of us are wired that way. And no need to be calling folks out when they too are currently just as happy as you are.

Trust me, I would never call myself the man. I am very self aware of the loser I am.