Day over the Bills by 4

The Wiz

1 down ...3 to go...From here on  out we will no longer be favored.

As you will see in the report card ...these 2 defenses are very close and the offenses are also fairly close EXCEPT they are an outstanding 2 pt team with 2 top 20 FG% shooters. ...they are a D+ team from 3  but they are 2nd in the nation from 2pt land and FG%...so the closer the better.

We remain at B- overall and trending....Dayton comes in at B+ overall and trending....the spread variable is a tight 4 to 5 pts in favor of Dayton.

Let's take a look at the report card......

..............................SLU..............................Day............................................SLU..................................Day

..................................................OFF......................................................................................DEF...............

PPG.........................D-.................................C+...............................................A .......................................A-

FG%..........................F+...............................A+...2nd ITN...............................B+.......................................B+

3P%..........................F-..................................D+...............................................A-.......................................A-

FT%...........................F-...2nd worst ITN......D+ .........................................................

Reb............................A+...16th ITN..............C-.................................................B.....................................B+

Off Reb....A+ ...4th ITN...we are currently tied with Duke. (you won't see that sentence very often)

Report card change..... no change from yesterday

Top 100 ITN

Stls....Goodwin 48th.

Blks....French.......69th

Rebs....French.......69th

Off Reb....Goodwin...16th...French...74th

FG%...Toppin (67.3%) ...11th...Cunningham (64%)...19th 

Assts...Crutcher....31st

WWN2D2W...Stop them on the inside ....stop their big 3....Toppin , Cunningham and Crutcher....hold them all to 11pts/ player....Out rebound them...this may be the most important stat and was one of the big differences between the Day win and the Day loss....Need to win the TO battle...if we could get another 8 like we had last night that would be a big help....Finally, make the slash....all parts of the slash....42 / 31 /60...A good game from Foreman...he seems to do well against Dayton...let's do it again....rested and ready.

WCGW....They start making uncontested close shots...we get into foul trouble...fatigue...TOs

Bottom line....This should be a close game...if we can hold their big 3 to 11 pts/ player...and out rebound them ...we will have a good chance to beat them....We need to bring our A game tonight....

Go Bills

3 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I'm enjoying these last few hours of sanity before I become temporarily unhinged during tonight's game.

Last night was draining.  I went through a full range of emotions.  Managed to not break anything though.

+1000

I love Billiken basketball. But I feel myself actually getting anxious before game-time, and then full-on stressed-out throughout the game. Afterwards, I'm completely exhausted either way.

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

I'm enjoying these last few hours of sanity before I become temporarily unhinged during tonight's game.

Last night was draining.  I went through a full range of emotions.  Managed to not break anything though.

Thank God I had some Natties left over from mardi gras last night.

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

My wife could tell what kind of game it was bc of the "amount of beer in the trash"

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I know that I had some on Mardi Gras but I don't remember what it tasted like. I think one is still left in my fridge.

apparently they're fantastic. 

What a great win....not much time to bask in the glory...have to start cranking out numbers for tomorrow's game.

So let's review the original post....

WWN2D2W...Stop them on the inside ....stop their big 3....Toppin , Cunningham and Crutcher....hold them all to 11pts/ player....Out rebound them...this may be the most important stat and was one of the big differences between the Day win and the Day loss....Need to win the TO battle...if we could get another 8 like we had last night that would be a big help....Finally, make the slash....all parts of the slash....42 / 31 /60...A good game from Foreman...he seems to do well against Dayton...let's do it again....rested and ready. the original post.....

Did we stop them...Yes we did....we won this game on defense.....Dayton is an  A+ team in FG% ...#2 ITN....in this game they wound up with a D in FG%....Toppin , Cunningham and Crutcher ...hold them to a 11pts/ player...this too was a Pass....11 pts / player= 33pts....we held the trio to 32 pts...excellent.....Their two  60%+ shooters were held to 43%......Out rebound them ...Yes we did....In fact when Day closed the gap late in the game was when they finally tied us in rebs....But we got some big ones in the end and edged them out. .....Make all parts of the slash...yes we did again ...42/31/60..actual was  42/43/67 and here is an amazing stat....we shot 3s better than 2s....42.9%  to 41.9% but then again maybe making 2/3 of our FTs was just as amazing.  Needed a good game by Foreman...another Pass....25 min...9 rebs...And finally the real game winner was TOs...I mentioned above it would be nice to get 8 again like we did against Richmond...almost...we got 9...2 day total of 17  ...good for an A+ TO rating for the last 2 games....Day had 16 TOs...TO differential...7 ...good for 14pts extra.....enough to go from  losing by 4 to winning by  9  with a point to spare (rounding error...lol)

Tip o' the cap to...Isabel, again...24pts  6 assts... Goodwin for the 2nd night in a row missed the double double by 1...Last night  9 and 10... tonight...17 and 9  and Bess...15 pts plus some big FTs sown the stretch....

Next up ...Dav,  where we won't be favored again and I will figure out WWN2D2W....stay tuned

Go Bills.

55 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

What a great win....not much time to bask in the glory...have to start cranking out numbers for tomorrow's game.

So let's review the original post....

WWN2D2W...Stop them on the inside ....stop their big 3....Toppin , Cunningham and Crutcher....hold them all to 11pts/ player....Out rebound them...this may be the most important stat and was one of the big differences between the Day win and the Day loss....Need to win the TO battle...if we could get another 8 like we had last night that would be a big help....Finally, make the slash....all parts of the slash....42 / 31 /60...A good game from Foreman...he seems to do well against Dayton...let's do it again....rested and ready. the original post.....

Did we stop them...Yes we did....we won this game on defense.....Dayton is an  A+ team in FG% ...#2 ITN....in this game they wound up with a D in FG%....Toppin , Cunningham and Crutcher ...hold them to a 11pts/ player...this too was a Pass....11 pts / player= 33pts....we held the trio to 32 pts...excellent.....Their two  60%+ shooters were held to 43%......Out rebound them ...Yes we did....In fact when Day closed the gap late in the game was when they finally tied us in rebs....But we got some big ones in the end and edged them out. .....Make all parts of the slash...yes we did again ...42/31/60..actual was  42/43/67 and here is an amazing stat....we shot 3s better than 2s....42.9%  to 41.9% but then again maybe making 2/3 of our FTs was just as amazing.  Needed a good game by Foreman...another Pass....25 min...9 rebs...And finally the real game winner was TOs...I mentioned above it would be nice to get 8 again like we did against Richmond...almost...we got 9...2 day total of 17  ...good for an A+ TO rating for the last 2 games....Day had 16 TOs...TO differential...7 ...good for 14pts extra.....enough to go from  losing by 4 to winning by  9  with a point to spare (rounding error...lol)

Tip o' the cap to...Isabel, again...24pts  6 assts... Goodwin for the 2nd night in a row missed the double double by 1...Last night  9 and 10... tonight...17 and 9  and Bess...15 pts plus some big FTs sown the stretch....

Next up ...Dav,  where we won't be favored again and I will figure out WWN2D2W....stay tuned

Go Bills.

Vegas has Bonnie’s by 2 against Rhody. Do you have something similar?

6 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Vegas has Bonnie’s by 2 against Rhody. Do you have something similar?

No ....I have RI by 1....Variable spread equals...EVEN to  RI by 2.

Both teams are B- overall...both teams trending at B+

Chance of OT....

Both teams playing over their head....Which one will have the stamina to continue to play over their head.