Why doesn't SLU want to go back to the Missouri Valley?

bbtds

I know it has been stated here before but I wanted to get a list of the reasons why the MVC is such a bad fit for SLU. I'm trying to explain to Valpo fans why SLU wouldn't accept an invite from the MVC when expansion to 12 is being looked at by an MVC expansion committee with Murray State and another very solid program (Northern KY, Belmont, etc) as the main programs that are talked about. 

5 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

WHY WOULDNT WE WANT TO BE IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS NORTHERN KENTUCKY

Northern KY has won 2 of the last 3 Horizon League tournaments and is truly up and coming. If you really read my comments you'll see that the MVC expansion committee is looking at Murray State and another solid program. The MVC is not inviting NKU at this time. 

Look, I'm convinced that SLU will never go back to the Valley. I just needed the solid reasoning behind the non-move for Valpo fans who think you are foolish for not wanting an invite. All I got was mostly a bunch of unintelligent backlash from what I remember were fans that just love to overreact. Show me that your an intelligent fanbase. 

19 minutes ago, bbtds said:

Northern KY has won 2 of the last 3 Horizon League tournaments and is truly up and coming. If you really read my comments you'll see that the MVC expansion committee is looking at Murray State and another solid program. The MVC is not inviting NKU at this time. 

Look, I'm convinced that SLU will never go back to the Valley. I just needed the solid reasoning behind the non-move for Valpo fans who think you are foolish for not wanting an invite. All I got was mostly a bunch of unintelligent backlash from what I remember were fans that just love to overreact. Show me that your an intelligent fanbase. 

Missouri Valley is a one bid league. It’s the only solid reasoning I need. Don’t come to our message board, ask us a question we’ve been asked  a million times, and then get mad at us for being annoyed with you. You aren’t new to this board, you know all of this. 

Hey look what @bbtdsposted last time he came around. 48 replies. Guess he didn't get his answer.

majerus mojo likes this

4 minutes ago, bbtds said:

Yea it is pretty simple as 05 said, the goal for SLU every year should be to get into the tournament.  The tournament means more money and more exposure for the school and the program.  The path to get to the tournament is better in the A10 that has gotten at least 3 teams in for years compared to the MVC that only gets one team in.  SLU should only look at conference moves that improve their chances at getting in the tournament or at least keeps them the same, not decreasing them which a move to the MVC would do.  

28 minutes ago, bbtds said:

MVC has had a lot of turnover and the turnover was good teams like Wichita State, and Creighton leaving the MVC so why did those teams move on because they moved to better conferences.  The A10 > MVC can anyone in that part of Indiana understand that?

In the non conference I wish the Billikens would schedule more MVC teams like Illinois State, Northern Iowa, Bradley, Indiana State, Valpo, Loyola I am not interested in anyone else and more importantly I am not interested in playing in a conference with them.

The A10 gets multiple tournament bids why go to the MVC where there is not chance at an at large bid.  SLU has gotten at large bids in the A10 so I do not understand the why they don't understand.

The best fit for SLU is the big east, that is a conference with the same type of schools.  Next for SLU would be the AAC where I think SLU will end up one day.

I will look for your post at the end of next season.

1 hour ago, bbtds said:

Source image

1 hour ago, bbtds said:

Lol