A10 Tournament Thread

9 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

With NET of 113 after last night’s play, SLU has no chance for NIT.

It’s NCAA or bust. I choose the NCAA!

You are probably right, but last year the NIT at large's went down to RPI 95.  We play NET 65 tonight and if Davidson wins, we would play NET 67 tomorrow.  So positive movement is there for the taking.  I'm not putting the mortgage on it, but the door ain't closed and locked yet.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NIT won’t take non-Power 5 with our NET.  I had no hope for NIT, so haven’t even looked as to how many NIT Automatic Bids are out there for mid-majors and low con regular season champs that failed to win their conference tournaments.

Re the NIT, much like the NCAA, follow the Golden Rule, as in he who holds the Gold makes the Rule.

But SLU can win this A10 Tournament!

billiken_roy likes this

Joeys and Davidson landing haymakers. Davidson up 45-44 at the under 12. 2nd half neither team can stop the other. Davidson keeps hanging onto small lead.

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I honestly have no idea who I want to win.

We want to play the teams that don't go very deep on the bench.

Bonnies had 3 guys play the entire 40 yesterday and another go 37.

Davidson will be the tougher game, regardless.

I'm pretty tired of watching rugby scrums during loose ball situations. Langevine just had sole possession of the ball on the floor and got fuoking mugged by St Bonaventure. This needs to be a priority rule change going forward. If you are second to the ball and you make contact with an opponent consistent with a foul if the play wasn't on the floor it should be a foul.

AGB91, almaman and Zink like this

On 3/13/2019 at 11:57 AM, billikenfan05 said:

Not a single clue where to put this video so I figured I’d give us a thread to discuss non-SLU games in the a10 tournament. Anyway good on the athletic department for putting someone in the mascot that can complete a dunk and steal the spotlight on a national outlet.

For those of you who missed it it, this segment was on The Tonight Show tonight.  The Billiken actually won BOTH the 3-pt contest and dunk contest.  Maybe our outside shooter is just our mascot.