A10 Tournament Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

By the way, Luwane Pipkins will graduate this spring and is transferring out of Umass.

I always forget the rules on this, would he still be blocked/could from A10 schools? or does that not carry over for GT

Also I was with one of my buddies recently who is a Depaul guy, he thinks Depaul has the edge.  Not sure if its a feeling or if he has any info.

13 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

By the way, Luwane Pipkins will graduate this spring and is transferring out of Umass.

Why tick off a FR or Jacobs for another Isabell type that may take 20 games to find his groove? At this point I want to see Travis build a team not a bunch of one and done Seniors, or as you call them, mercenary rent a players. If next year we only win 12 games, so be it. It's not like it's gonna be a new experience for us. I'm hoping Ford's gonna work on the foundation before he starts building the deluxe kitchen.

Nobody: 

@slu72

Why tick off a FR or Jacobs for another Isabell type that may take 20 games to find his groove? At this point I want to see Travis build a team not a bunch of one and done Seniors, or as you call them, mercenary rent a players. If next year we only win 12 games, so be it. It's not like it's gonna be a new experience for us. I'm hoping Ford's gonna work on the foundation before he starts building the deluxe kitchen.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I always forget the rules on this, would he still be blocked/could from A10 schools? or does that not carry over for GT

Also I was with one of my buddies recently who is a Depaul guy, he thinks Depaul has the edge.  Not sure if its a feeling or if he has any info.

Did Leaito clear this with Gordon?

Just now, slu72 said:

Why tick off a FR or Jacobs for another Isabell type that may take 20 games to find his groove? At this point I want to see Travis build a team not a bunch of one and done Seniors, or as you call them, mercenary rent a players. If next year we only win 12 games, so be it. It's not like it's gonna be a new experience for us. I'm hoping Ford's gonna work on the foundation before he starts building the deluxe kitchen.

im sure coaches get the feeling a kid may leave since they're always around the players.  

Pipkins had a breakout 2017-18 season but struggled this year with shooting woes and injury problems.  This bad year is leading to speculation P5 programs will have little interest in the 5'10" point guard.  Originally from Chicago so DePaul rumors would make some sense.  One speculation is Houston -- reunite with former teammates Gresham and Jeroux (sp?).  And I'm pretty sure in grad transfer cases, going from one school in the conference to another is okay.  The problem is most of these kids at lower level schools want to go to the P5 schools for that last hurrah.  Cremo to Nova.  Fore to Louisville.  Robertson to Mizzou.  Isabell to Saint Louis.  Sure, there are exceptions like WIley but most are going up.