Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
RiseAndGrind

Due process, black men, dark money and David Steward

Recommended Posts

The Title of this Thread is the Title of the Article. Thought people might find this interesting in light of what has happened in the last couple of years. 

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/columnists/guest_columnists/due-process-black-men-dark-money-and-david-steward/article_67d7c5b2-4540-11e9-ae15-1f3dd0edcfe2.html 

From the article:

Quote

The proposals mandate that all testimonies be made under oath, guarantee due process for all parties per the Constitution, and require that law enforcement reports and sworn affidavits be credible. Additionally, the proposed bills seek to ensure that students have rights to legal representation, to review evidence against them, and to present their own evidence. Students would also have the right to challenge or cross-examine the testimony of witnesses and to reject any decision-makers who have exhibited bias or a conflict of interest.

Victims’ rights organizations and other critics claim that these changes would infringe on victims’ rights, sacrifice their confidentiality, and dissuade them from reporting assaults. Their silence, however, is stunning regarding the mounting evidence that the current Title IX process infringes on the rights and well-being of black, male students. These are powerless victims, not the “powerful men of privilege” whom Messenger singled out to condemn Steward. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The Title of this Thread is the Title of the Article. Thought people might find this interesting in light of what has happened in the last couple of years. 

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/columnists/guest_columnists/due-process-black-men-dark-money-and-david-steward/article_67d7c5b2-4540-11e9-ae15-1f3dd0edcfe2.html 

From the article:

 

The column is on target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The column is on target.

Yep.

Much better then the hatchet job that scum bag Tony Messenger did about it.

 

Its amazing how anyone can be against this. All they want is for the accused to not be tarred and feathered without reviewing the facts of the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-I only read the quote in the first post, seems entirely sensible

-btw, where's the police report on S2? where are the journalists of StL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, brianstl said:

The column is on target.

Brian, I'll also add that Dave Steward is a tremendous individual. Honest, charitable, extremely fair minded; one of the best people I've ever met in the business world. Bringing basic fairness into the Title IX world -- due process, etc -- is exactly what I'd expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how people like Messenger think it is embarrassing that someone in a position of power at a university might not think exactly like he does on every issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I love how people like Messenger think it is embarrassing that someone in a position of power at a university might not think exactly like he does on every issue.

I can’t stand that SOB. 

If you ever read the comment sections of his articles it’s 95% people calling him out on all his BS.

He can’t honestly believe half the crap he writes.

The original article in the OP was by Sylvester Brown. When he wrote for the Post his columns  would make my blood boil. This one I agree with 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I can’t stand that SOB. 

If you ever read the comment sections of his articles it’s 95% people calling him out on all his BS.

He can’t honestly believe half the crap he writes.

The original article in the OP was by Sylvester Brown. When he wrote for the Post his columns  would make my blood boil. This one I agree with 100%.

comment section has really all but disappeared from StlToday it seems to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, almaman said:

comment section has really all but disappeared from StlToday it seems to me.

Yeah I can’t get to it with the app I have to go to the actual website. 

Kind of a pain but there are times when the comment section is comedy gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

indeed used to be main reason I read online instead of paper but seems like a lot less people comment these days. maybe just my perception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...