Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
ACE

Grad Transfers - 2019

Recommended Posts

would think rumors more specific would have already gotten out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I just heard Frank say on his show that he can’t name any names, but Travis is talking to a player that would be a huge addition to the roster and would fit in perfectly with this class. 

Eggplant eggplant eggplant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

image.png.b70eb41054cd13489924259bc800e4ee.png

I have a feeling the next few months are going to be exciting

We need to hear from theOne. He hasn't been around in a while. He's the only recruiting insider we have on here. Everybody else is just a recruiting google search jockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I just heard Frank say on his show that he can’t name any names, but Travis is talking to a player that would be a huge addition to the roster and would fit in perfectly with this class. 

source.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ACE said:

We need to hear from theOne. He hasn't been around in a while. He's the only recruiting insider we have on here. Everybody else is just a recruiting google search jockey.

Easter?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ACE said:

We need to hear from theOne. He hasn't been around in a while. He's the only recruiting insider we have on here. Everybody else is just a recruiting google search jockey.

-not Cheeseman, or perhaps that only deals with coaching changes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I just heard Frank say on his show that he can’t name any names, but Travis is talking to a player that would be a huge addition to the roster and would fit in perfectly with this class. 

Heard that as well...intrigued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I just heard Frank say on his show that he can’t name any names, but Travis is talking to a player that would be a huge addition to the roster and would fit in perfectly with this class. 

I suspect at least some of that is just Cuze-speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I suspect at least some of that is just Cuze-speak.

Very true, Thicks. I wish he could have dropped a name like he usually does so we could see how good this player actually is. I texted in to ask, but it was never mentioned on-air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Mike Lewis

Just committed to Nevada in January, coaching change would lead to that changing? Do I have that right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Just committed to Nevada in January, coaching change would lead to that changing? Do I have that right?

Yeah, I guess.  Still not sure how he can be on scholarship at SLU with the A10 transfer rules, but I guess transferring to Nevada first makes that rule not apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Just committed to Nevada in January, coaching change would lead to that changing? Do I have that right?

Does he have to sit a year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not 100% positive it is him, but @SaintLouisMBB just started following him on Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Does he have to sit a year?

He transferred after the first semester, so he's already sat out half a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am not 100% positive it is him, but @SaintLouisMBB just started following him on Twitter.

That is him. And he just liked all the tweets about Nevada players leaving...

Doesn't really fit the need for a big but I would absolutely be thrilled. 

 

Also: 

image.thumb.png.6337d2c057ae4dac1950a2070d88b76c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

He transferred after the first semester, so he's already sat out half a year.

That's right! Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

He transferred after the first semester, so he's already sat out half a year.

I wonder if Duquesne granted him a waiver for next season's first semester when he left.  His minutes were cut drastically at the end.  It felt like it was a mutual separation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

That is him. And he just liked all the tweets about Nevada players leaving...

Doesn't really fit the need for a big but I would absolutely be thrilled. 

 

Also: 

image.thumb.png.6337d2c057ae4dac1950a2070d88b76c.png

I didn't mean if it was him on Twitter, I meant if he was the guy Frank was talking about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I wonder if Duquesne granted him a waiver for next season's first semester when he left.  His minutes were cut drastically at the end.  It felt like it was a mutual separation.  

Yeah I was just looking at his stats and his junior year stats reflect that sentiment:

STATS
2018-19
2017-18
2016-17
 
GP MPG FG% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
12 16.8 38.3 69.2 0.8 0.4 0.2 0.6 0.9 0.5 5.6
32 31.1 38.4 82.6 2.3 0.7 0.0 1.1 2.1 1.3 14.4
32 32.0 40.9 83.2 2.3 1.7 0.0 0.6 2.0 2.0 14.1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I didn't mean if it was him on Twitter, I meant if he was the guy Frank was talking about.  

My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

My bad.

It's all good.  

Like you said, I don't think he fills the biggest need.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potentially interesting wrinkle here:  a tweet I read about Nevada’s roster imploding suggests that Lewis wasn’t in scholarship there. Not sure what that means though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brianstl said:

It's all good.  

Like you said, I don't think he fills the biggest need.  

I didn't realize he was a walk-on at Nevada. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeSmetBilliken said:

Potentially interesting wrinkle here:  a tweet I read about Nevada’s roster imploding suggests that Lewis wasn’t in scholarship there. Not sure what that means though.

Probably like the situation when Cam Biedscheid transferred to Mizzou before they booted him.  They were at the scholarship limit so he would pay one semester and the next year move in a scholarship spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...