Grad Transfers - 2019

ACE

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This would obviously be perfect but I assume a lot of other teams feel the same way. 

I don't think you understand how this thread works. We name all the grad transfers we like, and then the SLU coaching staff picks our favorite(s) to sign.

Zink, wgstl, HoosierPal and 6 others like this

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I don't think you understand how this thread works. We name all the grad transfers we like, and then the SLU coaching staff picks our favorite(s) to sign.

Shoot I forgot. My Bad. 

Coach Ford: Please register this guy as one of my favorites. 

53 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This would obviously be perfect but I assume a lot of other teams feel the same way. 

Indeed.  It isn't going to happen but he would fit in nicely.  Johnson is a rebounding machine on both ends.

Now that Mullins is gone from St. John's, I wonder if Josh Roberts might transfer.  Played sparingly this season as a freshman and is 6'9" 210 pounds.  We offered him over the summer of 2017 and is from the  Montverde CBD team.

Isaiah Wade, grad transfer from Washington State. Solid rebounding numbers and fg percentage. Had some good games early in the season, including a double/double and then playing time went up again near the end after a mid-season lull, which apparently was injury related. Bad free throw shooter, so he'd fit right in. Was a good juco player out of Iowa Western, described as an athletic power forward.

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

Kimble from St. Joe's going to Louisville. They really go hard after the grad transfers and they have had some success with them. They recruited TI last year.

Good move for him, as it gives a solid shot at dancing. My guess is any GT worth his salt is looking to land with a solid dance team. Especially if they've never been. 

28 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I take it we've heard nothing about visits. Either because we don't have any lined up, or they've put the clamps on the staff and team. But in Travis I trust. 

I would expect a couple of roster moves in the next couple of weeks. The reality is that what we need (a decent big) - everyone is looking for the exact same thing. 

22 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I would expect a couple of roster moves in the next couple of weeks. The reality is that what we need (a decent big) - everyone is looking for the exact same thing. 

Agree. They do seem to be the hot commodity right now. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

He and Isabell follow each other on Instagram 

I assume it's a Seattle connection. Isabell's hometown. He seems to know everyone there.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I take it we've heard nothing about visits. Either because we don't have any lined up, or they've put the clamps on the staff and team. But in Travis I trust. 

Nothing yet. I've been digging but coming up empty so far.

33 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I've done searches on just about every grad transfer big. Some names don't have much info at all tied to them. Others have long lists of schools that have reached out, but I haven't been able to tie SLU to any of them yet.

You're right, though. They can be patient and picky.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

don't know how good he is, but a stretch-4 grad transfer would be nice.

Agree.. if RM were still the coach but not sure w Ford as our coach...and with French who whose skills dont allow him to play a wing and whose “smaller” size would cause matchup issues - especially with our stretch big on the per perimeter. 

43 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Agree.. if RM were still the coach but not sure w Ford as our coach...and with French who whose skills dont allow him to play a wing and whose “smaller” size would cause matchup issues - especially with our stretch big on the per perimeter. 

I think Ford had Welmer penciled in for that stretch 4 position had he been healthy. I don't think a 6'8"-6'9" guy who can stretch is a the novelty it once was. Most coaches realize it causes match up problems. And if you've got wings and guards that can rebound it compounds the problem.