• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

Rumors of Blackshear either grad transferring or going pro 

He's the only potential GT.

Outlaw, Hill, and Robinson are all seniors. Chris Clarke was booted from the team as a senior.

Alexander-Walker will probably declare for the draft and could be a lottery pick.

That leaves Horne and Bede as the others who just finished their sophomore season, and Kabongo, Wilkins, and Nolley (redshirting) as the freshmen.

They have four LOIs signed - Anthony Harris, Andre Gordon, Emanuel Miller, and Yavuz Gultekin. SLU didn't recruit any of them, but did offer Nolley. I'm guessing any of these four would be released from their LOIs if requested, and Nolley should be able to get a waiver to play instantly if he transfers. Everyone else probably has to sit.

7 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

My philosophy is that all transfers can be thought of as potential “grad transfers” as in they could all be immediately eligible with a waiver now 

Perhaps so, but if the goal is to have some scholarships available for the 2020 recruiting class, then transfers brought in this year need to be on their last year of eligibility.

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If Kerry Blackshear is available as a grad transfer, it is going to be a crazy recruitment.  It would be the equivalent James Wiseman or Vernon Carey all of a sudden being available.  

Agreed.  Blackshear will be wanted by almost every notable team.  Would love for him to be a Billiken but it ain’t happening. 

it is amazing how over the years new billikens conform to the team shooting percentage expectations.  

Now that we're about a month in to the grad transfer market, as promised Taj, here is a recap of some bigs who could fit what we're looking for. I expect more to hit the market next week. I didn't list guys like Brunk, Utomi, Smits, Sestina and Pierce who appear to be eying high majors and didn't list end of the bench types, although listed a few who could see the court as back-ups...

Pat Andree, Lehigh (Looking at some P5 schools)

Barrett Benson, Northwestern

Jeantal Cylla, UNCW

Alihan Demir, Drexel

Aaron Falzon, Northwestern

Matt Freeman, Oklahoma

Romani Hansen, Savannah State

Shakur Juiston, UNLV

Dominik Olejniczak, Ole Miss

Matt Ryan, Vandy

Keith Stone, Florida

Yanni Wetzell, Vandy

A few more if we have to settle for strictly a back-up

Danny Dixon, UMKC 

Aleksander Dozic, Martist

Deng Geu, North Dakota State

Javan White, Clemson

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

Now that we're about a month in to the grad transfer market, as promised Taj, here is a recap of some bigs who could fit what we're looking for. I expect more to hit the market next week. I didn't list guys like Brunk, Utomi, Smits, Sestina and Pierce who appear to be eying high majors and didn't list end of the bench types, although listed a few who could see the court as back-ups...

Pat Andree, Lehigh (Looking at some P5 schools)

Not just looking at, but has said his finalists are NC State, TCU, and K-State.

Of course, Jamie Dixon's potential departure for UCLA could either eliminate TCU or cause him to consider another school.

Here is the essence of the proposed GT change:

In two weeks, the N.C.A.A.’s primary legislative body, the Division I Council, will vote on a measure that could severely restrict graduate transfers. The proposed rule change would require that colleges accepting graduate transfers be docked a scholarship the next year if the transfer does not earn his secondary degree within a year.

The proposal, which could go into effect as soon as Aug. 1, would apply to only three sports — football, women’s basketball and men’s basketball — but appears particularly aimed at men’s basketball. 

Justin Sell conceded objections about practicality (many graduate programs take two years to complete) and fairness (the rule does not apply to athletes who compete as graduate students without transferring) were fair, but said his group’s intent was to “manage behavior.”

So basically if we land a grad transfer this year, he actually has to finish up that second degree on time if this rule goes into effect right away. If not, we lose a scholarship next year. Do I understand this correctly?

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So basically if we land a grad transfer this year, he actually has to finish up that second degree on time if this rule goes into effect right away. If not, we lose a scholarship next year. Do I understand this correctly?

It seems a weird to put this rule into effect immediately...Especially after players have already committed to schools as grad transfers.

30 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Most grad transfers don't finish within a year. Some never finish. This rule would effectively turn a year transfer into a two year scholarship.  That would dissuade teams from loading up on grad transfers.

I support this rule. Bad teams have virtually no chance to get better the way things are now.

billiken_roy likes this

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It seems a weird to put this rule into effect immediately...Especially after players have already committed to schools as grad transfers.

It would go into effect no earlier than Aug 1 , i.e. the next school year. I doubt spring commits this year would be affected.

10 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

It would go into effect no earlier than Aug 1 , i.e. the next school year. I doubt spring commits this year would be affected.

ie this coming school year. meaning it would most definitely affect those that have committed to schools for the upcoming season.