Grad Transfers - 2019

ACE

On 7/19/2019 at 1:57 PM, wgstl said:

fascinated by this guy 

Hes 6'9, made 94 3's, shot 100% from the FT as a frosh.   The kicker?  He only shot 3(!) free throws all year. 

He's going to GW to play for his old coach. Seems like a nice pick-up. He will sit one and play three.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

He's going to GW to play for his old coach. Seems like a nice pick-up. He will sit one and play three.

wonderful, i can keep following his strange career now

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

wonderful, i can keep following his strange career now

That stat line:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/sloan-seymour-1.html

Dude is 6-9, but check out these stats:

33 games, 879 minutes played, 94 3 pts made, 18 total 2 pt shots attempted, 23 total rebounds, 6 assists, 7 steals, 3 blocks, 14 turnovers

The ONLY thing he does is shoot 3 pointers and while he does so at a decent clip (37%), I can't imagine he is actually a positive contributor overall given the rest of his game seems to be a black hole.  How can a 6-9 guy averaging nearly 27 minutes grab less an 1 rebound per game even if his weight is only 205?

16 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

What about Brett Jolly, could he average 9 at Siena? For that matter could 95 percent of the recruits of his era average 9 at Siena?

He only averaged 3.7 at Univ of Arkansas-Ft Smith.

Also back in the day when Siena had Fran McCaffrey as coach they were not bad. Almost beat Purdue in the 2010 NCAAs. Also they are not a bad draw at the Times Union Ctr.

17 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

So am I.  Robertson stood around and shot threes just like this guy.  And he managed to average more rebounds than this guy in half the minutes.

troy was 6'4, this guy is 6'9, this guy has a lot less reasons to be just sitting on the perimeter.  Also this guy shot less FT's than Robertson.  This was never about comparing the two, just pointing out that a guy is 6'9 and shot 3 Free throws on the whole season even those he had a lot of minutes.