Grad Transfers - 2019

ACE

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Mr. Dixon had a three game Billiken career, after signing on for the 06-07 season.  He does have the distinction of holding a Career and Single Season FG% record of 1.00%.  Yep, one for one.  He came to us from the great state of South Carolina.  He transferred out, going, I think to Southern.  

Where according to sports reference he only played one season 

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Mr. Dixon had a three game Billiken career, after signing on for the 06-07 season.  He does have the distinction of holding a Career and Single Season FG% record of 1.00%.  Yep, one for one.  He came to us from the great state of South Carolina.  He transferred out, going, I think to Southern.  

Lol well,  I can definitely say Trice won't shoot such a high percentage.  Trice is a horrible Free Throw shooter too 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Lol well,  I can definitely say Trice won't shoot such a high percentage.  Trice is a horrible Free Throw shooter too 🤷‍♂️

We’ve got to get this guy for 2 reasons.:

1. He rebounds like a madman 

2. He has the same last name as Ramon Trice, who wore spectacles and played like he had eyes in the back of his head.

David King likes this

16 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

We’ve got to get this guy for 2 reasons.:

1. He rebounds like a madman 

2. He has the same last name as Ramon Trice, who wore spectacles and played like he had eyes in the back of his head.

I'm not going to put the young man's business out there.  But if what I heard today is true ....SLU should stay away from him.

55 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

image.png.ffd5c5d17b45a6c4139a9a639b5873bd.pngPhoto ESPN Photo on ESPN page on Transfers.  Blackshear needs to team up with French.  This could be daily in practice .

He would be the perfect fit, the perfect piece that would make our team hard to beat and would dominate the A10.

I am dreaming but until the two scholarships are spoken for I can hope.

HoosierPal likes this

59 minutes ago, CBFan said:

He would be the perfect fit, the perfect piece that would make our team hard to beat and would dominate the A10.

I am dreaming but until the two scholarships are spoken for I can hope.

we would be the best team in the A10.

Buttttt, im not going to even give it a thought for anymore time than it took to type this. 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Mario McKinney is no slouch

That team will transfer out next year once they get wrecked for the second year in a row. With all porters gone and Tilman possibly leaving, they will need to rebuild their forwards or get slammed in SEC. 

with SLU, we’re consistently building up, while Mizzou has trended downward. 

Kelvin Jones, 6-11 center from Idaho State, averaged 10 ppg and 5.5 rebounds on a bad team. Started his career at UTEP. I expect he'll attract some attention just due to his size and experience. Grad transfer market starting to slow down. We're at the point where we'll be seeing more commitments than new departures.

AGB91 likes this

2 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

That team will transfer out next year once they get wrecked for the second year in a row. With all porters gone and Tilman possibly leaving, they will need to rebuild their forwards or get slammed in SEC. 

with SLU, we’re consistently building up, while Mizzou has trended downward. 

I know it is unpopular to say pro-Mizzou things, but C. Martin has shown a surprising ability to grow flowers on top of manure. So, maybe we should wait until after next season to talk trash about the in-state golden generic-cat.

4 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I know it is unpopular to say pro-Mizzou things, but C. Martin has shown a surprising ability to grow flowers on top of manure. So, maybe we should wait until after next season to talk trash about the in-state golden generic-cat.

Mizzou will be fine.  Martin has filled in skills gaps in his roster just like Coach Ford has. K State is more of a threat to us on the recruiting trail than Mizzou is. Martin is mainly interested in Top 150 players and transfers.

25 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Mizzou will be fine.  Martin has filled in skills gaps in his roster just like Coach Ford has. K State is more of a threat to us on the recruiting trail than Mizzou is. Martin is mainly interested in Top 150 players and transfers.

You need a lot more than Mizzou has to make a statement in the Sec 

Post Player Immediately eligible transfers left on ESPN's list of Top 50.

3945564.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

1. Kerry Blackshear Jr., 6-foot-10, 250 pounds, PF, RS Jr., Virginia Tech
Blackshear will have his pick of suitors. He was a dominant force over Virginia Tech's final 10 games, and averaged 14.9 points and 7.5 rebounds for the season. Immediately an all-conference candidate.

4278954.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

4. Shakur Juiston, 6-7, 220 pounds, PF, RS Jr., UNLV
Expected to get a redshirt for this past season after playing just eight games. Was a force in 2017-18, averaging 14.6 points and 10.0 rebounds.

3945567.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

8. Chris Clarke, 6-6, 215 pounds, PF, RS Jr., Virginia Tech
Clarke was suspended the entire season due to off-court issues, but he was one of the more versatile players in the ACC in 2017-18. Averaged 8.2 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists.

3958145.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

10. Jayce Johnson, 7-0, 235 pounds, C, RS Jr., Utah
Was a major factor down the stretch for Utah, especially on the glass and at the defensive end. Averaged 7.1 points and 7.7 rebounds.

3947715.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

27. Matej Kavas, 6-8, 200 pounds, F, RS Jr., Seattle
He missed time with a broken shin, but Kavas still shot 45.8 percent from 3. Averaged 15.2 points in 2017-18 and 10.3 points in 2018-19.

4279197.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

29. Alihan Demir, 6-9, 232 pounds, PF, RS Jr., Drexel
There aren't a ton of bigs on the grad market, which makes Demir a more sought-after option. Averaged 14.8 points and 6.4 rebounds.

3948775.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

40. Dominik Olejniczak, 7-0, 255 pounds, C, RS Jr., Ole Miss
He started his career at Drake and didn't put up big numbers at Ole Miss, but he is a 7-footer who can fill a role. Averaged 5.3 points and 3.0 rebounds.

3907786.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

41. K.J. Lawson, 6-8, 210 pounds, F, RS Jr., Kansas
The older brother of Kansas forward Dedric Lawson, K.J. didn't quite make the expected impact, but he is versatile. He averaged 3.1 points for the Jayhawks last season.

3906789.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

46. Deng Geu, 6-8, 215 pounds, PF, RS Jr., North Dakota State
His per-40 numbers are excellent: 21.0 points and 10.7 rebounds. He only played 18.3 minutes per game but averaged 9.6 points and 4.9 rebounds.3948740.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

48. Deion James, 6-8, 215 pounds, PF, RS Jr., Colorado State
James sat out this past season, but he provided solid scoring and rebounding in 2017-18. Averaged 10.4 points and 5.3 rebounds.

37 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Post Player Immediately eligible transfers left on ESPN's list of Top 50.

3945564.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

1. Kerry Blackshear Jr., 6-foot-10, 250 pounds, PF, RS Jr., Virginia Tech
Blackshear will have his pick of suitors. He was a dominant force over Virginia Tech's final 10 games, and averaged 14.9 points and 7.5 rebounds for the season. Immediately an all-conference candidate.

4278954.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

4. Shakur Juiston, 6-7, 220 pounds, PF, RS Jr., UNLV
Expected to get a redshirt for this past season after playing just eight games. Was a force in 2017-18, averaging 14.6 points and 10.0 rebounds.

3945567.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

8. Chris Clarke, 6-6, 215 pounds, PF, RS Jr., Virginia Tech
Clarke was suspended the entire season due to off-court issues, but he was one of the more versatile players in the ACC in 2017-18. Averaged 8.2 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists.

3958145.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

10. Jayce Johnson, 7-0, 235 pounds, C, RS Jr., Utah
Was a major factor down the stretch for Utah, especially on the glass and at the defensive end. Averaged 7.1 points and 7.7 rebounds.

3947715.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

27. Matej Kavas, 6-8, 200 pounds, F, RS Jr., Seattle
He missed time with a broken shin, but Kavas still shot 45.8 percent from 3. Averaged 15.2 points in 2017-18 and 10.3 points in 2018-19.

4279197.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

29. Alihan Demir, 6-9, 232 pounds, PF, RS Jr., Drexel
There aren't a ton of bigs on the grad market, which makes Demir a more sought-after option. Averaged 14.8 points and 6.4 rebounds.

3948775.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

40. Dominik Olejniczak, 7-0, 255 pounds, C, RS Jr., Ole Miss
He started his career at Drake and didn't put up big numbers at Ole Miss, but he is a 7-footer who can fill a role. Averaged 5.3 points and 3.0 rebounds.

3907786.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

41. K.J. Lawson, 6-8, 210 pounds, F, RS Jr., Kansas
The older brother of Kansas forward Dedric Lawson, K.J. didn't quite make the expected impact, but he is versatile. He averaged 3.1 points for the Jayhawks last season.

3906789.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

46. Deng Geu, 6-8, 215 pounds, PF, RS Jr., North Dakota State
His per-40 numbers are excellent: 21.0 points and 10.7 rebounds. He only played 18.3 minutes per game but averaged 9.6 points and 4.9 rebounds.3948740.png?w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=true

48. Deion James, 6-8, 215 pounds, PF, RS Jr., Colorado State
James sat out this past season, but he provided solid scoring and rebounding in 2017-18. Averaged 10.4 points and 5.3 rebounds.

I think we're looking for more of a center than a guy like Chris Clark or Shakur Juiston

Notes on grad transfer bigs we've discussed:

-Barret Benson has interest from SIUC and Valpo; can't confirm any others yet.

-Alihan Demir's visit to Minnesota went very well. Marquette is talking with him today.

-Aaron Falzon visited Siena a week and a half ago.

-Deng Geu visited North Texas, UNC-Greensboro, and Wright State this weekend. Marquette has also reached out.

-Micaiah Henry from Tennessee Tech is one we haven't discussed. Newer to the portal. Averaged 9.7 and 4.7 in 25.3 MPG. Shot 58% from the field but he's another bad FT shooter.

-T.J. Holyfield is down to Illinois, Miami, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Oregon.

-Jayce Johnson is visiting Nebraska.

-Matej Kavas visited Nebraska.

-Dominik Olejniczak is down to Charlotte and Florida State.

-Rayjon Tucker visited Auburn, and Memphis, Iowa State, and Kansas are next. UNC is supposedly involved, too, and he's also considering jumping to the NBA. He's considered the second-best grad transfer after Kerry Blackshear.

-I'm seeing Yanni Wetzell's name linked to San Diego State; not sure if it's legit or just fans, though.

-Javan White visited Buffalo.

Trying to turn over every stone here to see who SLU might be on, but so far I'm coming up empty.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Notes on grad transfer bigs we've discussed:

-Barret Benson has interest from SIUC and Valpo; can't confirm any others yet.

-Alihan Demir's visit to Minnesota went very well. Marquette is talking with him today.

-Aaron Falzon visited Siena a week and a half ago.

-Deng Geu visited North Texas, UNC-Greensboro, and Wright State this weekend. Marquette has also reached out.

-Micaiah Henry from Tennessee Tech is one we haven't discussed. Newer to the portal. Averaged 9.7 and 4.7 in 25.3 MPG. Shot 58% from the field but he's another bad FT shooter.

-T.J. Holyfield is down to Illinois, Miami, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Oregon.

-Jayce Johnson is visiting Nebraska.

-Matej Kavas visited Nebraska.

-Dominik Olejniczak is down to Charlotte and Florida State.

-Rayjon Tucker visited Auburn, and Memphis, Iowa State, and Kansas are next. UNC is supposedly involved, too, and he's also considering jumping to the NBA. He's considered the second-best grad transfer after Kerry Blackshear.

-I'm seeing Yanni Wetzell's name linked to San Diego State; not sure if it's legit or just fans, though.

-Javan White visited Buffalo.

Trying to turn over every stone here to see who SLU might be on, but so far I'm coming up empty.

Going by last year's timeline, you're about two weeks early.