Grad Transfers - 2019

ACE

20 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-on June 14, 2018 SLU announced the addition of Hankton, Isabell and Wiley

-on June 10, 2016 SLU announced Javon Bess added to the squad

-I could not easily find when DJF, Santos or Anthony was announced, I get Bess was not a GT, but just posting for any reference it may provide

From this form, we had the "Welcome to SLU" threads started for

• Foreman on May 2, 2016
  • Santos on April 21, 2017
  • Anthony on May 17, 2017

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

@ACE - Do you know anything about T.J. Holyfield (Stephen F. Austin, 6-8, 230) or Deng Geu (NDSU, 6-8, 215)? Both seem intriguing. Holyfield might head to Illinois to be reunited with Underwood but I'm also seeing Miami and St. John's mentioned. Can't find anything on possible destinations for Geu.

Geu was a backup at NDSU.  He averaged 9.6 ppg for the year, but faded to 4.5 ppg in the final 11 games.  He apparently had only two offers out of HS, NDSU and SDSU.  He can't go interconference without sitting a year without an appeal, even as a GT.

14 minutes ago, AGB91 said:

Tim Finke is leaving Grand Canyon after one year.

Weren't we interested in him at one time?

Yeah, we offered. He had one of the strangest recruitments of everyone we were tracking that year. Came down to a final five of Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Illinois, and Vanderbilt, and then his stock kept dropping and all five appeared to have moved on from him. His brother was at Illinois and took a grad transfer year at GCU, so maybe the plan all along was to play one year with him and then try to transfer up a level. I'm not sure his numbers this season justify it but I'm interested to see where he lands.

21 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

From this form, we had the "Welcome to SLU" threads started for

• Foreman on May 2, 2016
  • Santos on April 21, 2017
  • Anthony on May 17, 2017

The timing for grad transfers is a bit all over the place. Isabell and Wiley committed in late May/early June. Others like Pipkins and the WVU kid who signed with MO State can happen very quickly. Also, there are some reports of grad transfer recruiting and what schools players are interested in, but it is a bit more spotty than high school recruiting. For example, there were reports of Nat Dixon having a SLU offer and even reports of Justin Coleman visiting SLU before signing with Arizona; Isabell had a list of finalists reported including Xavier and a few others, but some of these commitments like Wiley just pop up without any previous reporting of interest. If the past is any indication, I would expect to see another spike in transfers/grad transfers in the few weeks following the NCAA championship game.

We also still have a few hundred transfers that haven't yet announced. The portal will hit 500 today and it was about 800 last year.

The timing is tough for coaches. Do you go all-in on a couple guys now or do you wait to see the whole pool?

Rayjon Tucker from Little Rock considered perhaps the top grad transfer at this point has scheduled a visit to WVU and has interest from a bunch of the big boys including UNC, Kansas and Texas Tech - which I imagine will be an attractive destination considering the success their grad transfers have had this year.

37 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

Fixed that for you

Missouri if I can recall is the state at which the city of St Louis resides in. The capital is Jefferson City I believe. 

Did i say Mizzou? Did I say U of M? 

Also regardless a man by the name of Tremaine Isabel had a “Mizzou” connection who grad transferred last year. Ever heard of him? Or maybe we shouldn’t talk about him. 

14 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Missouri if I can recall is the state at which the city of St Louis resides in. The capital is Jefferson City I believe. 

Also regardless a man by the name of Tremaine Isabel had a “Mizzou” connection who grad transferred last year. Ever heard of him? Or maybe we shouldn’t talk about him. 

I've tried to forget.

36 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

He came here from Drexel bro... he went there to cleanse himself of his previous SPUMAC stench, it took a while, but he finally did it and ended his career a winner... at SLU.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

We also still have a few hundred transfers that haven't yet announced. The portal will hit 500 today and it was about 800 last year.

The timing is tough for coaches. Do you go all-in on a couple guys now or do you wait to see the whole pool?

-if a coach thinks a kid is a fit, take him now as youneverknow what will happen

ACE and billiken_roy like this

1 hour ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

O T slightly; State bird the Bluebird