Grad Transfers - 2019

ACE

7 hours ago, NH said:

In looking at players who recruited who could have a coaching change, one name that caught my eye is Thomas Allen at Nebraska. Good shooter and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Huskers were to move on from Tim Miles.

Brandon McKissic from UMKC is a local kid who had a solid season but I’m not sure if he would get minutes at SLU or not.

Miles is supposedly out at Nebraska and Fred Hoiberg is on his way in.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NH said:

In looking at players who recruited who could have a coaching change, one name that caught my eye is Thomas Allen at Nebraska. Good shooter and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Huskers were to move on from Tim Miles.

Brandon McKissic from UMKC is a local kid who had a solid season but I’m not sure if he would get minutes at SLU or not.

Mckissic is undecided about leaving UMKC.  He's waiting to see what direction they go.  He made All Wac defensive team this year.  He guarded the other teams best player and averaged double figures with no plays being run for him.

14 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Mckissic is undecided about leaving UMKC.  He's waiting to see what direction they go.  He made All Wac defensive team this year.  He guarded the other teams best player and averaged double figures with no plays being run for him.

Thanks for the update. I’ve always been a big McKissic fan, though admittedly biased because he went to SLUH

20 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Here is a solid grad transfer big from Florida, 6'8" 255, averaged 6.1 points and 3.9 rebounds. Ford and Co need to work their magic...

https://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=11074

I like it. He is capable of knocking down some 3s, so a nice complement to French. Ford does have some Florida connections, so you never know. There is a starting spot available for a decent big. 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, Coach314 said:

Really good kid, while I am not sure whether he would be on our radar or vice versa, I hope he has a big end to his career. Back in the day my wife bought a Cadillac from his father who is a really good dude and he told my wife and I all about his son who was in high school at the time, really happy to see him having success and saving his dad a lot of money on paying for college haha.

Yanni Wetzell of vandy is looking to transfer.  6'10 junior from NZ. Stats wont wow you, 5.9 pts 3.8 rebounds, but will shoot the three(not well) 26%.  Could be serviceable for us.  Some what efficient from the floor at 49%, and shoots 76% from the line

30 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Yanni Wetzell of vandy is looking to transfer.  6'10 junior from NZ. Stats wont wow you, 5.9 pts 3.8 rebounds, but will shoot the three(not well) 26%.  Could be serviceable for us.  Some what efficient from the floor at 49%, and shoots 76% from the line

This might be a name to keep an eye on.

5 minutes ago, NH said:

With Miles officially out at Nebraska I would move Thomas Allen to the top of my wishful transfers list.

Keith Stone and Thomas Allen would be pretay pretay good ... i haven’t kept up with Allen but i remember him as an elite shooter in HS. Did he produce at Nebraska?

15 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Keith Stone and Thomas Allen would be pretay pretay good ... i haven’t kept up with Allen but i remember him as an elite shooter in HS. Did he produce at Nebraska?

He had a strong sophomore season after not playing a ton as a freshman:

30.2 mpg

8.7 ppg

2.8 rpg

2.0 apg 

43.6% / 36.4% / 86.2% slashline