Down Go The Zags!!!

Schasz

Just now, Schasz said:

Randy Bennett did a masterful job with his game plan tonight. He's been a very good HC at St. Mary's many years playing 2nd fiddle to Gonzaga. Heck he's a former SLU Assistant under Romar. 

Very true.  Its too bad he didn't end up with the SLU job. He is one hell of a coach. He left one year too early or he could've taken over for Romar. That would've rewritten SLU history and avoided the Brad years.

Zink likes this

58 minutes ago, basebill123 said:

Four 2 seeds beat 1 seeds today. At least 9 conference 1 seeds have lost in their tournaments so far by my not very thorough count. Love this time of year.

this is kind of fun as we have no skin in the game.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Did you hear the pregame commentator on the Gaels.  " And if they win this game, you'd have to think they're in..."

HELLO, anyone home.

Too funny, I wish we would play St. Mary's in a home and home series I think that is a game that St. Mary's would be open to.

Well, Zaga sure ain't getting snubbed, so, St Mary's of the Pacific Rim takes a spot from a so so P5-6 team. Comittee gritting their teeth over this one. The other interesting mid conf result will be the OVC. Will Belmont get the shaft? 

20 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Too funny, I wish we would play St. Mary's in a home and home series I think that is a game that St. Mary's would be open to.

That would be sweet.  I'd take that, after Gonzaga turns us down.

13 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Well, Zaga sure ain't getting snubbed, so, St Mary's of the Pacific Rim takes a spot from a so so P5-6 team. Comittee gritting their teeth over this one. The other interesting mid conf result will be the OVC. Will Belmont get the shaft? 

I look daily at the CBS and ESPN brackets, only because they are convenient.  Neither have Belmont (NET 46) in, which is an injustice.  You have St. John's in every bracket, and they are in the Big East PIG.  Yes, a P6 PIG gets in before a deserving mid major.  The other likely injustice is Arizona State, at NET 67, yes 67 and there are 68 teams in the Tourney, getting in, simply because you JUST GOTTA have at least 2 Pac 12 teams in the tourney.  (P5 NET 67 good--Mid Major NET 46 bad.)

Watch for Memphis as a bid stealer.  The AAC is being played at Memphis.   Houston, Cincy, and UCF should be in, with Temple pretty darn near locked. 

i dont know why the power 5 conference just doesnt kick everyone else out and have their own ncaa tourney amongstt their schools for the REAL champion.  the rest of us are not worthy anyway.

58 minutes ago, slu72 said:

While I’m not a VCU fan, the A10 and I don’t want the NCAA deciding that SMC took VCU’s At Large Bid (assuming VCU doesn’t win the A10 auto bid in Brooklyn).

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i dont know why the power 5 conference just doesnt kick everyone else out and have their own ncaa tourney amongstt their schools for the REAL champion.  the rest of us are not worthy anyway.

That may not be as sarcastic as you think. I'm waiting for the day the P5-6-7 says we're thru w/ this tourney and will form a hoops version of the BCS. They're greedy bastards and with public funds getting tight, they are likely already in talks to do this. Of course the CBS deal is with the NCAA, so their hands are tied. But once that deal ends watch for them to make their move. 

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Unfortunately they won’t take a P5 spot they’ll take a non P5 spot.

congrats St. Mary`s  and Randy Bennett ..Now watch them put them in a play in game,