Javon Bess A-10 Defensive POY

Javon got robbed out of the first team. Had the most complete game of just about anyone in the conference. Congrats to Hasahn. Wondering if getting snubbed all together will really rile up Isabell? Also, Jordan's got to be somewhat disappointed. Get to work this summer JGood, you're too good to not to make these teams.

Not much to disagree with here considering Bess is playing on one leg.  I think this hampered his offense down the stretch and bumped him to second team.  Given the Joeys injuries, I think Brown deserves a 1.  I'd bump Grady to a 2.

Very well deserved award for Javon. Got to believe without his injury keeping him at far less than 100% he would have also been A-10 POY too. Bills would also have more wins and have a much better chance to win the A-10 tourney.

6 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Very well deserved award for Javon. Got to believe without his injury keeping him at far less than 100% he would have also been A-10 POY too.

I almost want to use the word "easily".

6 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Bills would also have more wins and have a much better chance to win the A-10 tourney.

A few maybes.  I wouldnt say any for sure wins. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, HoosierPal said:

They did a nice job with these awards this season.

POY, DPOY, ROY, COY, and MIP are all the guys I'd have picked. The all-defensive and all-rookie teams are pretty spot-on, as well.

Gudmundsson and Grady were no-brainers for the first team. I had Bess and Brown as first-teamers, not second. I had Stockard and Evans on the second team and Toppin third, but I'm not mad about any of them up a team or two. Gilyard and Golden are each a team lower than I had them. Jenkins and Crutcher seem less qualified than some others for the third team but these teams appear to reward team success to a large degree, and seem to give close calls to upperclassmen.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/did-that-really-happen-four-wins-in-four-days-propel/article_e4b0957e-960a-537e-b5b7-c163dec1227b.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-2

Love the quote by J Good about Bess: 

“I love JB. He helped me when I was at my lowest last year,” Goodwin said. “I’d do anything for him, and to see him get back to the tournament means a lot to me.”

On 3/12/2019 at 2:32 PM, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Goodwin getting snubbed should be enough motivation for him to have his best year next year 

Or an amazingly great A-10 tournament. The kid might need a ton of work, but I’ll give him credit for the first hundred pounds right now.

1 hour ago, Spoon-Balls said:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/did-that-really-happen-four-wins-in-four-days-propel/article_e4b0957e-960a-537e-b5b7-c163dec1227b.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-2

Love the quote by J Good about Bess: 

“I love JB. He helped me when I was at my lowest last year,” Goodwin said. “I’d do anything for him, and to see him get back to the tournament means a lot to me.”

Bess was a great example for the younger guys. Goodwin and French will now be ready to take over and lead next year after enjoying this run of success.