We're #6 in Brooklyn

Taj79

11 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

SLU as the 6 Seed plays the 11 Richmond vs. 14 Fordham Winner.

SLU should be playing at 8:30 pm Eastern Thursday night, the last game of the day.  If SLU wins, SLU would play 3rd Seed Dayton on Friday night, which also should be at 8:30 pm Eastern.  A win there would put SLU in the second semifinal game on Saturday at 3:30 pm Eastern.  The A10 Championship Game is at 1:00 Eastern on Sunday.

My bad ---- still a little PIGgie.  My rationale was the higher seeded #5 would line up against the lowest (#14) but I guess if #11 beats #14 that would still leave #12 or #13 standing.  In any case, I'll take it.  Like the rematch against Richmond and would like to eliminate Dayton when all is said and done.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Interesting that the OVC may get two teams in the dance. Belmont had a NET of 41 but loses to Murray St in their conference final. So, will the committee give Belmont an at large at the expense of a P5? 

I will be watching this with interest.  Belmont slipped to NET 45 today after the loss last night.  Murray State is up to 44.  Belmont is 5-3 in Quads 1 & 2, which is pretty good.  Right behind them in NET 46 is the beloved (by the NCAA) Syracuse Orange, with a Q 1 & 2 record of 7-10.  So Syracuse has 2 more Q1&2 wins, but 7 more losses.  Hmmm.  My bet is that Belmont won't meet the "eye test", and several P5 schools with worse NET and worse Q 1&2 records will get in.  After all the reason for the new NET system is to get more P5 schools into the tourney.  We will certainly see how important NET is for At Large bids.

Today Jerry Palm has Belmont out, yet NET 54 Creighton in.  

Just now, HoosierPal said:

I will be watching this with interest.  Belmont slipped to NET 45 today after the loss last night.  Murray State is up to 44.  Belmont is 5-3 in Quads 1 & 2, which is pretty good.  Right behind them in NET 46 is the beloved (by the NCAA) Syracuse Orange, with a Q 1 & 2 record of 7-10.  So Syracuse has 2 more Q1&2 wins, but 7 more losses.  Hmmm.  My bet is that Belmont won't meet the "eye test", and several P5 schools with worse NET and worse Q 1&2 records will get in.  After all the reason for the new NET system is to get more P5 schools into the tourney.  We will certainly see how important NET is for At Large bids.

This was my point in mentioning this. The P5-6 are doing everything to swing the bids to their members. Wasn't that the idea behind NET and next year cutting down their OOC schedules? Now Belmont poses a dilemma w/ a 45 net. What do you do with them? And what if Furman doesn't win their tourney? Or our own VCU? Not sure what their NETS are but would think they're in the running. 

8 minutes ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Would never have imagined we finish with the same seed as last year. Total failure. Very disappointing. 

Well Ford cannot coach or keep players. I wonder if Yuri is reconsidering his decision right now.  Richmond handled us once already..they could again..

6 minutes ago, mrjoelabs2 said:

Well Ford cannot coach or keep players. I wonder if Yuri is reconsidering his decision right now.  Richmond handled us once already..they could again..

You should go to the Collin's crib and ask. Get back to us with your update when you have a post available.

9 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Belmont is sitting at the perfect position to be screwed over.

It’s complete BS but I see no way Belmont gets in. Any P5 school with the exact same  resume gets in. Any non P5 school with that resume gets bent over.