5 years ago today

Just now, billiken_roy said:

GD jett could get to the rim.  thanks for the memory

Underrated moment when after the tying layup, Jett blindly anticipates/deflects the inbounds pass to Chaz Williams.

Also note Jett's defense on Chaz' final shot - absorbing the pushoff and keeping the hand in his face without fouling.

In one of Coach Majerus final interviews during the run up to the 2012 NCAA tournament, he spoke of Jett's balance. That's what I think of watching his defense on that final shot.

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

And they coached themselves. Love those teams. Even when UM knew he was gonna do it they  couldn't stop him. 

The announcer apparently thought they should go inside to Evans...

Jett standing at near mid court until the shot clock hits 5 and proceeds to beat his man then weave through 2 additional help(less) defenders, in the process clinching the outright A10 title and staking his claim as Conference POY.

Jett was so gangsta.

image.thumb.png.6ed9a3a10bd85396c42b215a46662970.png

Zink likes this

Yes.  Thanks for the memories.  And even though I knew how it ended, I nearly started screaming to Jett to get started -- like he was waiting too long!!  

Makes me also remember how we would beat VCU -- with multiple guys who can dribble, protect the ball, score and make FTs.  Spoon always had multiple PGs.  Ford appeared to be going in that direction with Ty Graves added.