GDT - Hasenpfeffer (Marinated Bunnie Stew) ....

Taj79

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

I thought someone said it was Achilles tendinitis and rest won't make much difference, only time.

As someone who has suffered through achilles tendinitis on multiple occasions due to running overuse injuries, I can tell you it requires time where you rest the injury and a whole lot of toe drop stretches to keep the calves loose. A week off with a good stretching routine would likely make a big difference. 

52 minutes ago, davidnark said:

As someone who has suffered through achilles tendinitis on multiple occasions due to running overuse injuries, I can tell you it requires time where you rest the injury and a whole lot of toe drop stretches to keep the calves loose. A week off with a good stretching routine would likely make a big difference. 

I just hope he doesn't tear it. I remember when LT blew out his Achilles in a game at the latter stages of his career. He just crumbled to the ground like an empty burlap bag. And you could see he was in tremendous pain when he got carted off the field. He tried to come back after surgery the following year, but he was a shell of his former self. He said he was always conscious of how helpless and how much pain he felt from that injury. He knew it was time to hang it up, because he said it was more important to him at that point to be able to walk and play golf rather than getting another sack. Take care, Javon!