GDT - Hasenpfeffer (Marinated Bunnie Stew) ....

Taj79

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

OK, I'm back fired up again. We've got to get the first one to get to 20 wins. Seems like something good. Any wins after that will be bonuses.

Based on this years circumstances 20 is improvement good post

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Brooklyn was a pipe dream gentlemen.  A nice one but still a dream.  The Bunnies just finished their 'successful' season by taking fourth.  

Mason is running away from Geedubya, up 42 to 26 at half.  They will go to 11 and 7.  If Duquesne beats Dayton at Palumbo, they too will be 11 and 7.  They tie Mason and they get the 5; Mason the six.  If they lose, and tie with us, the head-to-head is even.  The tiebreak is then who beat the higher seed. I believe we would get that having beaten Dayton once; Duquesne lost to them twice.

As a six, we would get a PIG winner, likely the Umass/Geedubya winner.  As a seven, most likely Rhode Island.  Final dance card still up in the air for Brooklyn.

We’re probably better off with a 6 seed than a 7 for the inmmediate view of Thursday. URI is probably better than UMass/GW. I expect UMass wins that PIG matchup.

But, if I knew we are going to win Thursday, I’d actually rather be the 7 and play Davidson Friday, than the 6 and play Dayton. I think Dayton has better players overall than 2 trick pony Davidson, although McKillop is a good coach.

Irrespective, Ford must play more players in Brooklyn, assuming they are able to play. That is essential in trying to win 4 games.

17 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Found a stream 

http://www.citylinktv.com/channel/prepcasts-stl-channel-8-smsn/

If you want to be distracted from that terrible game that we just watched.

Watched the last two minutes and saw Yuri go 4-4 from the free throw line. So naturally he’ll shoot 52% from the line next season

BrockL and SLU_Nick like this

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Watched the last two minutes and saw Yuri go 4-4 from the free throw line. So naturally he’ll shoot 52% from the line next season

If we're fortunate.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

This way ballgame about 4 minutes ago.  And yes, Goodwin is awful offensively.  Something has to change next year.

Coach has already said it's a huge summer for French and Goodwin. But if Goodwin can't consistently make shots, his role has to change.  He's playing too many minutes without enough offensive production.

25 minutes ago, Bonner89 said:

Yet another year when Ford doesn't play his best players in a big game.

Give me a great COACH over a recruiter any time.

Specifically what players was Ford not playing that you refer?  Thatch picked up his 4th foul at 10:08 of the 2nd Half.

What's left of the SLU Bench is very thin.

15 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I watched the 2nd Half.  Specifically what players was Ford not playing that you refer?  Thatch picked up his 4th foul at 10:08 of the 2nd Half.

What's left of the SLU Bench is very thin.

KC was available. And, forget Brooklyn. It'll be a miracle if they win a game.

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Lol you think KC is better than the players ford played. That’s adorable 

Hankton is not better than those playing. Hankton can provide them with some limited rest. The time to play Hankton is earlier in the game, not at crunch time. If KC is physically able to play, Ford needs to play him some in Brooklyn, ditto for Jacobs.

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Hankton is not better than those playing. Hankton can provide them with some limited rest. The time to play Hankton is earlier in the game, not at crunch time.

As I said earlier, when it’s time to start fouling and you need a lot of points, KC isn’t a bad option. He had 5 fouls to give and provides a 3 point threat