St. B over the Bills by 2

34 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Doesn't the conference determine the conference schedule?

i would think they allow requests to a degree.   

I am predicting a win because one of the key factors that has led to Billiken losses - static, uncoordinated, turnover-prone offense - has greatly improved in last few games. It took a while due to departure of Gordon at start of conference season. We just need to shoot halfway decently. As for the other factors that have caused losses - bad foul shooting and the other team having THE GAME as you have said - we can only be better in the foul shooting department, there is no worse - and due to the stakes today we will match whatever intensity Bonaventure brings. 

What happens when a poor shooting team has a bad shooting.day.....You have this ....34/ 26 / 59.....One of the things that I mentioned that could go wrong was missing the slash.... we need four 2s to make the slash....plus one 3 pt = 12 pts .  We should have had a lot more than 12 extra points. because there were a lot more than 4 missed bunnies and layups.  We crushed it on the offensive boards 18-5....yet when only 1/3 of your shots are going in,   you need 2 rebounds for every missed shot. ...Not good.  Throw in a couple of extra TOs...we lost the TO battle by 2...worth another 4 pts....

Bottom line....Had we just played an average  Billiken game...we would have had  at least 16 more points and won this  game by 7.

Well the good news is we should be favored in the next game.

41 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well the good news is we should be favored in the next game.

That's a great closing sentence, Wiz.  It's always best to look at the bright side and/or look for the silver lining in the dark cloud.

In thinking about this upcoming A10 Tournament, my view is SLU could beat every team in this league, including #1 Seed VCU on a neutral court, and lose to every team in this league, including Last Place Fordham, which nearly happened at Rose Hill Gym. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, billikenbill said:

Watching some of the Duq - Bunnies game on replay. I'll just say that we've got our hands full tomorrow. How is that team 15-15?

Unfortunately, Stockard, Griffin and Welch missed a combined 25 games early in the season, leading to a 4-10 start.  Fortunately, that meant Lofton and Osunniyi and some of the other younger players got thrown into the fire and gained valuable experience.  Schmidt has said that Lofton had to become more than just a distributor, because the team needed him to score.  The benefits of the additional freshmen playing time are now paying dividends.