Will We Finally Not Be Letdown?

So, here we are again. The boys are showing a little promise. Isabell has realized of late what he was supposed to do. Ford's preparation has been good and 2 home wins put the team in a spot to control their destiny. But we have seen this movie before. The bonnies are 15-15. They are not any good. But will Ford be able to prepare the team properly to go into Olean and win? Will the players show up? Or will it be the same story again. I really want this win, and then 3 straight in Brooklyn. But somehow I feel like hopes will be dashed in Olean when Ford is outcoached again, and then an 7th Seeded Bills team will thud out of the tourney on Thursday....But I hope I am wrong. 

Yes, this season was overhyped, but we continue to trend solidly in the right direction.

Conference wins by year:

2014-2015: 3

2015-2016: 5

2016-2017: 6

2017-2018: 9

2018-2019: 10+

Overall, Ford is taking us in the right direction, even if it hasn't been as fast as some expected.

2 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

So, here we are again. The boys are showing a little promise. Isabell has realized of late what he was supposed to do. Ford's preparation has been good and 2 home wins put the team in a spot to control their destiny. But we have seen this movie before. The bonnies are 15-15. They are not any good. But will Ford be able to prepare the team properly to go into Olean and win? Will the players show up? Or will it be the same story again. I really want this win, and then 3 straight in Brooklyn. But somehow I feel like hopes will be dashed in Olean when Ford is outcoached again, and then an 7th Seeded Bills team will thud out of the tourney on Thursday....But I hope I am wrong. 

You DO know the boys won last night right? You generally only show up after a loss or some bad news.

20 hours ago, White Pelican said:

You DO know the boys won last night right? You generally only show up after a loss or some bad news.

Thats just what people think. In reality I watch every game and want to see success.  But there are a lot of cry babies on this site. 

I really want to see an NCAA berth..more than anything. 

billikenbill likes this

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Take a deep breath, man.

Things will look different with time.

At some point though don't you get sick of waiting? The goal for this program is to be a sustained winner, to turn into a Gonzaga, Creighton, Butler, Marquette, etc. It has to start somewhere, and you don't get there by having next year always be the year. 

1 hour ago, TaLBErt said:

Nope. Saint Louis University will ALWAYS come up short in everything they do. Going to SLU was the worst decision of my life.

Quit punishing yourself then by coming into this message board.   You would make yourself and us all happier. 

1 hour ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Will Ford apologize to SLU for running off kids who could have put us up top of the A10

Who did ford run off?

Well, for some reason my account seems to be broken, saying I have reached a posting limit for the day...) So I even though I've done nothing wrong I guess someone is punishing me for telling the truth? Once again I was right, we were let down. Ford had no plan for the game. How does the bonnies best post player miss more than half the game and you lose by double digits. Incredible.

Watching Houston right now and realizing we had that team beat (albeit with CG) and took down Seton Hall just depresses me more realizing how this year was wasted. 

TaLBErt likes this

4 minutes ago, mrjoelabs2 said:

Well, for some reason my account seems to be broken, saying I have reached a posting limit for the day...) So I even though I've done nothing wrong I guess someone is punishing me for telling the truth? Once again I was right, we were let down. Ford had no plan for the game. How does the bonnies best post player miss more than half the game and you lose by double digits. Incredible.

Watching Houston right now and realizing we had that team beat (albeit with CG) and took down Seton Hall just depresses me more realizing how this year was wasted. 

You should of just tuned out all year. We all feel the pain. Whining about one's own pain on here a but redundant and self indulgent imo.

mrjoelabs2 likes this

1 minute ago, almaman said:

You should of just tuned out all year. We all feel the pain. Whining about one's own pain on here a but redundant and self indulgent imo.

I feel you...yet somehow i get drawn back. I have probably missed less than 10 games since 1998... Seems I will be forever stuck on the refs robbing us vs Mich State in 2012, and Rob Loe suddenly losing his shot. That was the game, and the chance we had. Rick on the sidelines and Conklin playing insane with Kwamain. Draymond Green is still throwing elbows in the NBA years later..and getting away with it.  Draymond Body checks Ellis...FOUL ON ELLIS!!! I'll never forget that.

TaLBErt likes this