2019 NCAA Tourney

Cowboy

-I didn't see a thread on this topic and bracketology is getting serious so thought I would start this one - note "thread" not in the title

-last night I caught parts of AZ St at Ore St and ESPN2 had as part of the graphic with the score that AZ St  was in Lunardi's last 4 in, at halftime they had Lunardi on and he said Washington was only PAC12 team guaranteed a bid, I hadn't realized how badly the PAC12 is this season,  saw the end of the game and with about 10 seconds left, down 2 an Ore St player had about a 4 ft floater go off the back iron and they ended up losing, I guess that would have been a killer loss for AZ St and the PAC12, I hope Wash wins their conf tourney and AZ St stumbles as I would like to see the PAC12 only get one bid

-the other subject on bracketology for me today is Minnesota, who according to Bracketmatrix is an 11 seed, they are in on 89 of the 96 projections, per KenPom they have non-con strength of schedule of 240, played and lost their only non-con road game to BC, they did beat Wash on a neutral floor, they are 8-10 in the Big 10, 18-11 overall, 56 in the NET, I hope the bracketologists have this one very wrong 

What I'm looking forward to is how the NCAA committee either ignores the NET, or uses it to screw Mid Majors.

Saint Mary's is NET #38 today.  Should be in, right. Neither Palm nor Lunardi have them in today.  Furman, #44, also out of these two brackets.  But Seton Hall at #63 and Arizona State at #68 are both in these two brackets. Of course Palm and Lunardi aren't the NCAA, but the 96 brackets in the Bracket Matix have the same two in and same two out.

So NCAA, do you want a second Pac 12 team in or a second West Coast Team in?  (No answer needed.)

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I didn't see a thread on this topic and bracketology is getting serious so thought I would start this one - note "thread" not in the title

-last night I caught parts of AZ St at Ore St and ESPN2 had as part of the graphic with the score that AZ St  was in Lunardi's last 4 in, at halftime they had Lunardi on and he said Washington was only PAC12 team guaranteed a bid, I hadn't realized how badly the PAC12 is this season,  saw the end of the game and with about 10 seconds left, down 2 an Ore St player had about a 4 ft floater go off the back iron and they ended up losing, I guess that would have been a killer loss for AZ St and the PAC12, I hope Wash wins their conf tourney and AZ St stumbles as I would like to see the PAC12 only get one bid

-the other subject on bracketology for me today is Minnesota, who according to Bracketmatrix is an 11 seed, they are in on 89 of the 96 projections, per KenPom they have non-con strength of schedule of 240, played and lost their only non-con road game to BC, they did beat Wash on a neutral floor, they are 8-10 in the Big 10, 18-11 overall, 56 in the NET, I hope the bracketologists have this one very wrong 

minnesota today is 56 in the NET ratings.  by no means are they in imo.   

This year's St. Mary's team (NET 38) is not as good as previous outstanding St. Mary's teams that got snubbed, including but not limited to the Patty Mills Year Snub for the Ages.  However, the Bubble is soft this year, and a NET of 38 should easily have SMC IN, with the 26th of 36 NCAA At Large bids.  However, Gaels' supporters fully expect to be snubbed again.

As of today, the woeful Pac-12, despite having the 7th best Conference NET, would have only 1 NCAA team, #32 Washington, which was upset last Thursday night in Berkeley by Last Place Cal.  But don't bet the farm the Power 5 Pac-12 will only get one NCAA team.  First, like VCU in the A10, if UW doesn't win the Pac-12 Tourney, the Pac-12 will get 2 NCAA teams.  And I fully expect Arizona State (20-9, NET 68) to be gifted an NCAA At Large bid.

Arizona State is actually benefiting from having its game at San Francisco (WCC, 21-9, NET 65) cancelled due to the California Camp Fire, as having seen USF (CA) play 7  times in person, I expect USF would have won that game at Home.

3 hours ago, Cowboy said:

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

minnesota today is 56 in the NET ratings.  by no means are they in imo.   

And MN only is 2-8 in Quad 1 games.  Palm and Lunardi both have them in, also.  Looking for the NCAA to use "the eye test" on the Gophers.