Welcome to SLU Jimmy Bell Jr.!!!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the comparison someone posted a few days ago, wes unseld.   he obviously doesnt pass like unseld, but all else seems to compare.  of course this is based on 40 year old memories, so i wouldnt fight for it.  😁

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i like the comparison someone posted a few days ago, wes unseld.   he obviously doesnt pass like unseld, but all else seems to compare.  of course this is based on 40 year old memories, so i wouldnt fight for it.  😁

I Unseld had the best outlet pass in the history of the game. Clearly one of the NBA top 50. 

10 minutes ago, willie said:

I Unseld had the best outlet pass in the history of the game. Clearly one of the NBA top 50. 

I defer to you on this about Unseld.   I only saw him at the end of his career and mostly just clips.

Makes me think, though, from a Billiken standpoint, I nominate Matt Baniak as the best outlet passer to start a fast break for our program.  2 handed rebounds, kept the ball high, quick turn and 2 handed, accurate pass to half court....

9 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Padding your stats, eh, Rodman?

That made me chuckle (internally).  However, sometimes, apparently, the forum's script fails to redirect a poster to the next page when there is another page of posts, so the user attempting to post keeps pressing "Submit reply" but doesn't see the post pop up.

1 hour ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Hopefully this game puts all the bs before to rest. This should have been a game where we put in the 9 and 10 guys in around 10 min in the 2nd

How old are you?  I'm guessing twelve thirteen max.  Hope you do well on the big social studies test Friday.  Good luck!

rgbilliken likes this

5 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The debate over Jimmy Bell is peak Billikens.com. The dude was a relatively lightly recruited, overweight, big man that is a definite project. I'm happy with the production he is giving this year. He will be very good next year, hopefully. 

Just quote tweeting it to emphasis how stupid his detractors are 

dennis_w likes this

We haven’t been dominate in the first 8 min of any recent game. We need guys who can finish. Gibson and Perkins are those guys. Defense will be back up with Thatch but I say leave Bell out until he can be a scoring threat or even use his size for rebounds. 

We won’t win games against solid teams going down 10 to start every game 

16 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

We haven’t been dominate in the first 8 min of any recent game. We need guys who can finish. Gibson and Perkins are those guys. Defense will be back up with Thatch but I say leave Bell out until he can be a scoring threat or even use his size for rebounds. 

We won’t win games against solid teams going down 10 to start every game 

I know the facts aren’t important  to you, but Bell had 3 rebounds in 3 minutes..,.

HenryB likes this