Game Day: Betray the Patriots!

SLU 35, GMU 22 at the under-4 media timeout. GMU has chipped away at the lead slightly in the past four minutes.

Goodwin is up to 9, 4, and 4.

Team has 11 assists on 14 FGs. Still moving the ball well, although shot selection hasn't been great in the past few possessions (forgiving Bess' deep 3 that rimmed out).

SLU has 5 blocks from 4 different guys; Foreman has 2.

Slashline right now is .519/.500/.500.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

French second foul time for KC come on hold the line.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Industrial electrical controls for machinery for any type.  National Beef is down this weekend so I have an opportunity to do some programming and testing before they start butchering.  Much of this place and others like are a automated.

Ah, so agriculture-adjacent in this case. Not many other reasons to be in that part of the state/country. Well, hope you're able to make the best of a trip with limited free-time options.

35-22 SLU with 2:46 to play. French picked up his second and GMU's Reuter just grabbed his second.

Thatch really got up to swat at that one, and it led to Bess corraling the ball and drawing an over-the-back call, GMU's second such foul in a row.

Stuck on 35-22, now with 1:52 remaining after a SLU illegal screen.

Our offense is stuck hopefully a play that is set up for a finish.

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Hankton needs defensive rebounding work.

His positioning and timing are generally good but another 10-20 lbs. would go a long way.

But he got a nice offensive rebound that he eventually converted into a 3.

Nice rebound into a long pass and Bess finish, and SLU is up 40-24 at half. Great overall half of basketball despite a sluggish last 8 minutes or so. The makes by Bess and Hankton made a big difference.

40-24 at half nice run they held the line and expanded the lead well done.

KC with a rebound and a 3 nice to have him back.

We need to remember KC really hasn’t played in a month or so. Tough to get your motor ramped up when you haven’t been playing much. 

Thatch is my favorite.  Dude is a beast.  Starting to hit shots consistently.  Worst part of my Billiken week was the unsubstantiated rumor he might even consider transferring. 

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Thatch is my favorite.  Dude is a beast.  Starting to hit shots consistently.  Worst part of my Billiken week was the unsubstantiated rumor he might even consider transferring. 

No chance 

3 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

We need to remember KC really hasn’t played in a month or so. Tough to get your motor ramped up when you haven’t been playing much. 

Thatch is 100% TeamBlue.

moytoy12 likes this

First half summary:

Bess has no legs and is running in quicksand. He's playing on guts right now.

Isabell continues to score well, lose his man on his defense and make strange turnovers.

Thatch was dominant on defense, hit a three and fed a slumping Bess for a layup to close the half.

Wiley with two threes off of good ball movement.

French doing good things but needs to watch his aggressiveness at the end of the half.  Because the refs are watching him.

Goodwin 25 feet from the basket: no threat to the offense or the defense.  Goodwin hanging out in the paint.  Animal.

Coach Ford forced to play Hankton at the end of the half because of foul trouble to his bigs and rewarded with a three.

Goodwin still on 9, 4, and 4.

Isabell has 10. Points are pretty spread out overall.

13 assists on 16 FGs. 4 turnovers. Love it.

Foreman and French have 2 fouls each. Just something to monitor in the second half.