The Chaifetz Story

Bills_06

I'm sure everyone will call me a troll, but I hate the Chaifetz story as it's usually told. There must be more to the story beyond he just got a free education. At what point in his education did his father stop paying tuition? Was he getting straight As? Some pretty messed up stuff happened to me while I attended SLU. The options given to me by the bursar were clear. Take out a loan or drop out. I took out a loan and I'm still paying for it.

Most of us could do some pretty amazing things with a free Saint Louis University degree.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

I assume you weren't a slu student in the 70's.   There has been a lot of changes

Right. I'm just saying it would be a lot more impressive if he paid them back in $400 increments every month after he got his first job AND gave them $12 Million.

$400 A month in 1976 for a just graduated business major is monsterous.   That would have likely been about least half of his monthly gross pay at a first job back then.   

33 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

$400 A month in 1976 for a just graduated business major is monsterous.   That would have likely been about least half of his monthly gross pay at a first job back then.   

I literally gave half of my monthly wages to a student loan company for the first couple of years after I graduated. Chaifetz is an outlier, but he got one hell of a not so hidden advantage.