Next Year

slufan13

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Have u heard rumors about Fred? 

someone posted a few weeks ago that Gordon's been talking to Fred about coming up to Chicago. 

It makes no sense especially if jacobs is also part of this move like rumored. Why Would Thatch go there just to battle jacobs for the spot and have to sit out a year. plus theres already a few guards there.

So not worried about Fred.  Also, he likes that his family can make it to almost every game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why Jacobs would want to leave either. He's basically had to sit out this year because of injuries. Why sit out another. Also, does he really want to live in his little brother's shadow? 

Now, he could want to go somewhere other than DePaul, but it's likely going to be to a mid major not a P5. He's done nothing to make him that appealing to a P5 school. 

If he stays here he's got to see where he'll likely get 15-20 mpg backing up KGood and Collins. Also, he might well end up starting at the 2, if JGood stays at PG. He also could beat out Collins for the PG spot. 

What is this Jacob leaving rumor comes from?  Ford has said over and over that his ankle is just not healing - something like he is at 60%.  His mother was impressed with SLU as a school for her son.  I agree that why would he want to basically sit out 2 years in a row before playing again.

25 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

I have absolutely zero inside information. Fred isn’t getting replaced like Jacobs is next year so I wouldn’t see why he would go, especially since he is a local 

Please explain.  No one 'gets replaced'.  New players are brought in.  Through practice, the best players play the most minutes in a game and the next best are in line for coming off the bench.   Ford hasn't told anyone that they are being replaced nor has he promised any playing time to any player for next season.  Jacobs has played 87 minutes this season, some of them while highly compromised with an injury.