slufan13

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

not buying it either....

Especially since we know things weren't so smooth @ WGHS. He was suspended, Frank mentioned earlier in week on the Pressbox that CG had some incident there regarding him forgetting his uniform and forcing a teammate to give him his.

3 minutes ago, almaman said:

Especially since we know things weren't so smooth @ WGHS. He was suspended, Frank mentioned earlier in week on the Pressbox that CG had some incident there regarding him forgetting his uniform and forcing a teammate to give him his.

haha ya, this totally happened. 

But one of the things that was in the rumor mill for a long time was that even Webster coaches didnt like him(remember this board going crazy over blossom's comments which I saw nothing wrong with).  I one of those people up until now thought the coaching staff didn't like Gordon, apparently that was wrong.   The Webster coaches saying they didnt like how the Gordon situation was treated/handled doesnt necessarily mean Ford and co treated Gordon unfairly. 

Here is one of my guesses.  SLU had very little patience with Gordon, and Gordon knew that.  Gordon did what ever he did and SLU and Gordon mutually split. One reason I think it was *cough*"mutual" was to save the image and relationships between SLU and local kids, otherwise SLU could have easily said Gordon has been dismissed.  My guess is Webster coaches felt like SLU coaches should have known he has these tempers or whatever and should have dealt with it better.  Who knows. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

But one of the things that was in the rumor mill for a long time was that even Webster coaches didnt like him(remember this board going crazy over blossom's comments which I saw nothing wrong with).  I one of those people up until now thought the coaching staff didn't like Gordon, apparently that was wrong.   The Webster coaches saying they didnt like how the Gordon situation was treated/handled doesnt necessarily mean Ford and co treated Gordon unfairly. 

Here is one of my guesses.  SLU had very little patience with Gordon, and Gordon knew that.  Gordon did what ever he did and SLU and Gordon mutually split. One reason I think it was *cough*"mutual" was to save the image and relationships between SLU and local kids, otherwise SLU could have easily said Gordon has been dismissed.  My guess is Webster coaches felt like SLU coaches should have known he has these tempers or whatever and should have dealt with it better.  Who knows. 

I am sure they knew all the issues with him.  I just think they finally had enough and realized that what they thought they could deal with ended up being more than they bargained for.  We have all gotten ourselves into situations that we knew were potentially problematic but we thought we could deal with and make it work but after being in it for some time we realize maybe we underestimated the situation and maybe the the best thing to do is just move on.  He was a true talent and lots of schools would have been willing to take the chance.  For whatever the reason(s) it did not work so life goes on.  

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Recall though how Ford praised his taking to the coaching and his coachable ways. 

I still think his entourage or handlers got in his head and said SLU's not featuring you. I think they made comparisons to Zion Williamson and said things like "he's gonna be a zillionaire come June. That could be you too, but SLU's holding you back." 

Now granted, that's total speculation on my part. But while Gordon showed skills and promise he wasn't a Zion. 

8 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Isabell is a solid gt believe it or not. Guys like Wiley gave us W's which we wouldn't have without him. I already forgot about the other GT a few years back when Ford got here.

GT could be a godsend or a wasted scholarship, but I believe we should avoid injury prone transfers

And ... we’ve lost two frosh...rumor has it perhaps one more (hope not), so it’s not just transfers that can be problematic...need 1) the best player available and 2) balance of classes.

David King likes this

Sure it's fun to talk about next season, but in my opinion too early.  There are too many unknowns.

1) Who, if any, of the 'presumed return players' will pull a surprise Jalen Johnson departure on us?

2) Who will the team pick up in the window between April and the start of school?

3) Will any of the current commitments pull a Mickey P on us?

4) Will everyone show up, eligible, not seriously injured, and will they live up to their "Stars and AAU Stats"?

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Sure it's fun to talk about next season, but in my opinion too early.  There are too many unknowns.

1) Who, if any, of the 'presumed return players' will pull a surprise Jalen Johnson departure on us?

2) Who will the team pick up in the window between April and the start of school?

3) Will any of the current commitments pull a Mickey P on us?

4) Will everyone show up, eligible, not seriously injured, and will they live up to their "Stars and AAU Stats"?

Regarding questions 1-3, the cool thing about recruiting local 3 stars is that they actually want to be here. They don't have entourages. They don't get homesick.

brianstl and HoosierPal like this