A-10...Down the Stretch

The Wiz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/4/2019 at 1:31 PM, Bay Area Billiken said:
Seemingly against all odds, the Billikens still have a fighting chance to finish 4th and avoid playing Thursday in Brooklyn.

Here is the perfect storm scenario:

VCU wins at George Mason Tuesday.
SLU wins at home over Duquesne Wednesday.
St. Bona loses at Davidson Wednesday.
SLU wins at St. Bona on Saturday.  This is the biggest question mark in the whole perfect storm scenario.
Dayton wins at Duquesne Saturday night.

All of this could actually happen.  

The Perfect Storm is still very much in order!

3 down, 2 to go.

Beat the Bonnies!

28 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

The Perfect Storm is still very much in order!

3 down, 2 to go.

Beat the Bonnies!

It’s just 1 to go. If we win against st. Bonaventure we get the 4 seed. Don’t need any help from Dayton.

On 2/28/2019 at 11:55 PM, The Wiz said:

I know some here have given up the fight for 4th....but it's not over yet. It won't be easy and we will need some help....but it is still very doable.

We are chasing 3 teams for the final spot.... first and foremost we need to win the final 3.games......all  3 are against teams we are chasing....GM, Duq  and St. B ....We will be favored in the first 2 and the St. B game will be very close....if that is the deciding game....I would put our money on us .

Assuming we beat Duq...we are chasing 2 teams....GM and St. B

In the 2 other games that GM and St. B play....they both need to lose 1

GM plays......VCU @  GM.....VCU will be favored .... GM  @  GW  ...close game but GM will be favored .................1 loss

St. B plays....St. B  @  GW ..again  a close game but St. B favored.....St. B  @  Dav ...Dav will be favored............... 1 loss 

Note...while GW is a bad team ( D )...it has the largest home field advantage of any team in the A-10 ( over 5 pts )

So there you have it down but not out ....a struggle but a way to win....

It ain't over till it's over...Yogi Berra 

2 down 1 to go....

It looks like things have gone pretty much as planned.....

It all comes down to Sat game at St. B... A win will give us 4th....The win would not only give us a tie with St. B but the game itself will be the tie breaker  with St. B   AND   Duq....because Duq lost to St. B.

Stay tuned for the St. B spread thread tomorrow.

Go Bills.

40 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Just win, Baby! In our hands! 

@HoosierPal pointed out that we are 0-8 so we are due.

I think our team has settled in since the defections and injures to understanding what they have to do to win.

I really like the half time adjustments last night to motivate them to dominate the second half.

21 minutes ago, CBFan said:

@HoosierPal pointed out that we are 0-8 so we are due.

I think our team has settled in since the defections and injures to understanding what they have to do to win.

I really like the half time adjustments last night to motivate them to dominate the second half.

I think their arena is situated over an Indian burial ground, and those dead natives don't like Billikens. 

11 minutes ago, slu72 said:

It ought to result in at least one game. But probably won't. 

The video of it is in the replies to the tweet. It’s super harmless - I don’t even know if it deserves a double tech. Just wouldn’t hate him missing on Saturday.